1 (edited by ixel 2016-06-07 16:09:20)

Topic: Image Caption in Safari iOS8 Not Visible

In Safari on iOS8, the captions for my images are pushed too far down the page to be visible (I can just barely see the top edge of the caption box at times). They display fine in Chrome, however awkward they might look.

Here is the website: http://kimkrauseartist.com/

I have linked screenshots below:
Safari (with error)
Chrome

How can I write conditional code to move the caption up in Safari? Or is this something unfixable?

Re: Image Caption in Safari iOS8 Not Visible

I notice that you are using Juicebox-Pro v1.1.1.
Please try upgrading your galleries to the latest version (v1.5.0) as many bugs have been fixed since v1.1.1 and upgrading may fix your problem without any further action.
Please see the Version History for a full list of changes.
Instructions on how to download the latest version and upgrade existing galleries can be found on the Upgrading Juicebox support page.

Essentially, once you have downloaded Juicebox-Pro v1.5.0, replace the 'jbcore' folder on your web server ('/juicebox3/jbcore/') with the 'jbcore' folder from the Juicebox-Pro v1.5.0 zip package ('juicebox_pro_1.5.0/web/jbcore').

Hopefully this will solve your problem.

@Steven

I am using Juicebox Pro 1.1.1 because 1.5 broke some older galleries I had on the web page or otherwise changed their appearance in a way that was undesirable. :T

I made a topic about it here: https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2183

I will try again to implement 1.5 but I saw no way to remove the gradient caption background in Juicebox Pro or preserve the original appearance without basically redoing all the galleries.

... I saw no way to remove the gradient caption background in Juicebox Pro...

To remove the gradient, make sure that both captionBackColor and captionBackTopColor (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Color' section) are exactly the same (in color and opacity).
Because captionBackTopColor has different default values for Large Screen Mode (rgba(0,0,0,0)) and Small Screen Mode (rgba(0,0,0,0.3)), if you want to ensure that there is no gradient in the caption in both screen modes, set captionBackColor and captionBackTopColor to non-default values (but still both identical to each other).

There really have been a huge number of bugfixes since v1.1.1.
I would certainly recommend using the latest version and trying to fix any problems you have with that than trying to fix problems that you are having with v1.1.1.

Hopefully my notes above will help resolve the problem you're having trying to remove the caption gradient.

If you let me know what other problems you're having with v1.5.0, I'll certainly try to help.