Topic: Image stutters or flickers on loading

Photo galleries on my website stutter or flicker when moving from one image to the next. This is a new problem -- since third week in March -- and can be seen on the auto-play gallery on my home page: http://www.dgiphotography.com as well as on other galleries. The galleries are created using JuiceBox-Builder Pro 1.4.4.2 and Dreamweaver CS6, and viewed on either a MacBook Pro or a Mac Pro (OS 10.11.4). This problem shows up ONLY on a Mac (no problem on a PC) running Firefox, while Safari, Chrome, and Opera all show the galleries perfectly, no problem. I am running Firefox 45.0.1 and have tried refreshing, trashing preference files, etc. -- no joy.

Re: Image stutters or flickers on loading

Here are a few things to try. They may not be ideal solutions but they might help to track down the root of the problem.

(1) Try using the suggestion in the Using Percentage Heights support section on your <div id="photo"> container (the gallery's parent container).

(2) Try giving your gallery a fixed pixel height such as 600px instead of a percentage height.

galleryHeight: '600',

(3) Try using a different imageTransitionType to see if the problem happens with transitions other than CROSS_FADE. A short description of the imageTransitionType configuration option and all its possible values can be found in the Main Image section of the Config Options page.

(4) Try viewing the gallery on a page of its own (using the gallery's own 'index.html' page) to see if the problem has anything to do with the code on the embedding page.

(5) Try adding the following line of code to the .htaccess file in your root directory to ensure that browsers are able to cache the image files for your gallery.

Header set Cache-Control "max-age=2592000"

The results of trying these suggestions should hopefully help with troubleshooting the issue.