Topic: Image Preloading Question

I have always wanted to preload just the next image after the currently viewed image, so I have had my galleries preloading set to "NEXT" but have been suspecting that more than just the next image is being loaded.  Since my normal internet connection is fast at around 15 to 30M down there is not much difference with any of the preloading options but sometimes it seems to take a long time for the first image if I'm on a slower connection.

So today I set up a test.  I have a very constant but slow 500K DSL connection as a backup to my fast connection.  I cleared the internet cache and by watching the internet traffic with the Windows Task Manager, it was clear that all the images were loading on a single page of thumbnails.  In my case I display 15 thumbnails at a time. When the downloading stopped, by clicking on any picture of the 15 were instantly displayed with no additional downloading.

After trying other options, I finally tried changing preloading to NONE and it appears to do exactly what I want.  The first image is quick and then it downloads just briefly after the image is displayed and when clicking on the second image, it is right there and then you see additional short downloading which would be the next image and so on.

This is what I want, but I find it confusing that I have to set the preloading to NONE.  What am I missing?

I was using desktop PC's with both Windows 10 and Windows XP for the tests.  I'm not using any of the large or small image settings in Juicebox.

I changed every album on this page to NONE: www.fdnytenhouse.com/photo and all albums on this page are still set to NEXT:  www.mississinewa1812.com/photos.htm

Thanks, Jerry

Re: Image Preloading Question

Thank you for reporting this issue.
I have notified the developers who will investigate further.
In the meantime, I'm glad that you have found a setting that works as you require.