Topic: baseURL Issue

FYI -
Maybe I shouldn't post this here as it's still ROUGH but I thought it'd be a good opportunity for some critique
http://www.alliedouglass.com/20120521_index.html#work

Also, I'm having trouble w/ the 3rd gallery (Commercial).

Any advice as to how I can get this to show up?

Thanks.

Re: baseURL Issue

@jb_newb

Also, I'm having trouble w/ the 3rd gallery (Commercial).

Any advice as to how I can get this to show up?

Try swapping the baseUrl of the 3rd gallery with that of a gallery you already know displays OK to determine whether the problem is with the gallery or with your gallery-changing mechanism. Also, try using the baseUrl of the 3rd gallery in the 2nd gallery's embedding code to see if it displays there. This should at least tell you where the problem lies.

Also, a few tips:
(1) Your web page loads the 'juicebox.js' file from all three galleries. It is necessary to load only one (as they are all identical).
(2) Your galleries are Juicebox-Lite v1.0.2 galleries. You could upgrade them to the current version of Juicebox-Lite (v1.1.0) as many bugs have been fixed since v1.0.2. Please see the Juicebox - Version History for details. The current version of Juicebox-Lite can be downloaded from the link on this page.
(3) You should fix the HTML errors on your web page. You can validate the page with the W3C Markup Validation Service and then fix the errors reported. Once the code validates, your web page should be displayed with greater predictability and consistency across different browsers.

@Steven

Thanks so much for your help.

Try swapping the baseUrl of the 3rd gallery with that of a gallery you already know displays OK to determine whether the problem is with the gallery or with your gallery-changing mechanism. Also, try using the baseUrl of the 3rd gallery in the 2nd gallery's embedding code to see if it displays there. This should at least tell you where the problem lies.

I've tried switching the baseUrl's around but to no avail.
Does this definitely mean the problem lies in flexslider?

(3) You should fix the HTML errors on your web page. You can validate the page with the W3C Markup Validation Service and then fix the errors reported. Once the code validates, your web page should be displayed with greater predictability and consistency across different browsers.

Yes, this is my first bout w/ web-design, so I apologize for the code vomit.

If you tried the baseUrl from gallery #2 in gallery #3's embedding code and gallery #2 did not display in place of gallery#3, then it would appear that there is something wrong with the embedding code (or surrounding code, for example the parent containers or slider JavaScript) for gallery #3.
However, if this were the case, and you swapped the baseUrls for gallery #2 and gallery #3, then I would expect gallery #3 to be displayed in place of gallery #2 (though I do not know if this is what happens).

As you have uploaded your gallery folders in their entirety, you could try embedding them in your page using <iframe>s instead of the baseUrl embedding code.
The <iframe> method is documented as Option #2 here.

However, the HTML errors on the page may be masking the real cause of the problem so I would try fixing them first before trying anything else.