Topic: JuiceBox Wordpress Plugin Glitch

Hello! We are new to using Juicebox. Yesterday, I downloaded the Juicebox Wordpress Plugin and installed and configured it.

It all went very smoothly, and Juicebox is very intuitive and simple to use.  We had our slideshow up and running and displaying on our page.

Then -- suddenly --

Juicebox STOPPED displaying the 4 slides we entered, and began displaying images from the page itself! Images that were never added to the slideshow post!  Some of the images are not even photos, one is a chart showing specs of a boat. How did that happen? I checked the gallery post and none of the "unwanted" images were in there, only our four slide photos.

I deleted the gallery altogether, and started over. It worked momentarily, showing the slides - then - poof -- again, it reverted to displaying these other images. How peculiar. I don't think we did anything wrong -- this appears to be some odd glitch in my copy of the plugin, perhaps?

Here is the page where we inserted the Juicebox slideshow - scroll to bottom to view the slideshow:
http://50.87.248.189/~sailthes/the-boat/

One other question - in the Wordpress Plugin version of Juicebox - can we create more than one gallery so we can offer different galleries on different pages?  And also, is it possible to configure it so it doesn't require a "click" on a thumbnail to view, but rather just hovering your cursor over a thumbnail to display a new image? (we saw a juicebox slideshow on another site that behaved that way - that's how we even wound up with Juicebox ourselves!)

Looking forward to any suggestions anybody here can offer.

Re: JuiceBox Wordpress Plugin Glitch

I'm not sure why the behavior of the plugin seems to change without you doing anything but a WP-Juicebox gallery will display all images attached to the page or post containing the gallery and the chart you refer to seems to be a .gif image attached to the post ('boat-specs-table.gif').
Please double-check the images attached to the post in question either in the Media Library itself or by editing the post, clicking the 'Add Media' button and selecting 'Uploaded to this post' in the 'Insert Media -> Media Library' section.

One other question - in the Wordpress Plugin version of Juicebox - can we create more than one gallery so we can offer different galleries on different pages?

WP-Juicebox supports only one gallery per page or post.
If you want to embed multiple galleries on a single page or post, then you would need to do so manually following the baseUrl method documented here.

And also, is it possible to configure it so it doesn't require a "click" on a thumbnail to view, but rather just hovering your cursor over a thumbnail to display a new image?

Set changeImageOnHover="TRUE" in the Pro Options text area of your gallery settings window.
(If creating a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, this option can be found in the Main Image section.)

Thank you -- I think I may also be confused as to what your products are --

I downloaded Juicebox Plugin for Wordpress -- and nothing else.  Should I have downloaded something else as well?  Is the Wordpress plugin considered "lite" or "pro"?  Do I have JuiceBox Builder with the Wordpress plugin??

These are the instructions we are using from your website:

Adding a Gallery
Add or Edit a WordPress Post.
Click the 'Add Juicebox Gallery' or the Juicebox icon button.
Enter the required gallery options in the popup form.
Click the 'Add Gallery' button. This will add the required gallery tag into your post. The gallery tag will look something like this:
[juicebox gallery_id="4"]
Adding Images From WordPress Media Library

In the 'Add Gallery' screen, select Image Source: 'Media Library'. Note you can only include 1 Media Library gallery per post.
In the 'Add Post' or 'Edit Post' screen click the 'Add Media' button, above the main post text window.

We have the boat PAGE (where we want the slideshow). Initially, using these instructions, we created a NEW POST, then added a juicebox gallery, added the four photos to that post -- and then copied and pasted the shortcode into our boat PAGE. It worked for a bit, then reverted to what you now see - displaying images from the boat page itself, and NOT the images we entered for the slideshow.

Now, we've tried it by clicking "add juicebox gallery" right ON the boat PAGE, and then "add media" and added our four photos. This does not work. We simply wound up with the four photos on the page, not within a slideshow.

I'm getting more confused - clearly I'm not understanding how Juicebox works!?

a WP-Juicebox gallery will display all images attached to the page or post containing the gallery

Really??  So, in order to have a slideshow with 4 specific images, the juicebox gallery has to be on a page with NO OTHER IMAGES, otherwise it will incorporate any other images on the page into the slideshow?

Sorry, I thought I had it, but I'm not seeing how Juicebox works : (

I downloaded Juicebox Plugin for Wordpress -- and nothing else.  Should I have downloaded something else as well?

You can certainly use WP-Juicebox (the dedicated Juicebox plugin for WordPress) on its own.

Is the Wordpress plugin considered "lite" or "pro"?

WP-Juicebox comes bundled with Juicebox-Lite but if you are a Juicebox-Pro user, you can upgrade the plugin to use your Juicebox-Pro files by following the instructions here.

Do I have JuiceBox Builder with the Wordpress plugin??

No. JuiceboxBuilder-Lite (the desktop application to create and edit Juicebox-Lite galleries) is found inside the Juicebox-Lite zip package which can be downloaded from the link on this web page. (JuiceboxBuilder-Pro is found inside the Juicebox-Pro zip package.)
More information about JuiceboxBuilder can be found in the links below.
JuiceboxBuilder Tour: http://www.juicebox.net/tour/juiceboxbuilder/
JuiceboxBuilder User Guide: http://www.juicebox.net/support/juiceboxbuilder/

... and then copied and pasted the shortcode into our boat PAGE...

This is where the problem lies. A Juicebox gallery shortcode should not be copied and pasted into a different page. Each Gallery Id is linked to the page or post that it was originally created in.
If you copy a shortcode, it might initially display the images attached to the original page but if you edit and update the page, then the gallery will become linked to the new page and will then display the images attached to this new page.
As long as you do not copy and paste gallery shortcodes, everything should be OK.
If you want to recreate a gallery for different pages, you will need to re-upload the images for each page. (Wordpress natively allows each Media Library image to be attached to only one page.)
If you do not want to have to upload images to the Media Library multiple times, then you could perhaps use Flickr as a source of images and use the same Flickr options in each gallery.

We simply wound up with the four photos on the page, not within a slideshow.

Make sure that you do not click 'Insert into post'. This will display the images directly in the page. All that is required to display images in a WP-Juicebox gallery is to attach the images to the post. Just close the media window after uploading is complete.

So, in order to have a slideshow with 4 specific images, the juicebox gallery has to be on a page with NO OTHER IMAGES, otherwise it will incorporate any other images on the page into the slideshow?

A WP-Juicebox gallery sourced by the Media Library will display all images attached to the post. If you want to use Media Library images in the page but outside your Juicebox gallery, then I would recommend that you either use a different image source (such as Flickr) or create your galleries using JuiceboxBuilder and embed them manually using the baseUrl method of embedding documented here (without using WP-Juicebox at all).
Essentially, once you have created a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder, you would upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server and paste the baseUrl embedding code into the body of your WordPress page (ensuring that the method of entry is 'Text' rather than 'Visual'). It does not matter where on your web server you upload your gallery folder to as long as the two paths in the embedding code (the path to the 'juicebox.js' file and the baseUrl itself, pointing towards the gallery folder) are correct.