1 (edited by tms1970 2015-05-21 10:32:58)

Topic: iPhone - gallery not working (Drupal site)

Hi

I have installed the Juicebox Gallery on my Drupal website and it all works as expected on a desktop PC, laptop, Samsung phone, iPad etc.

However when I view the gallery on an iPhone nothing shows up.

I'm using the latest version (Lite 1.4.3.2) so i'm not sure what to do.

You can see the gallery here if it helps: http://www.techyhelp.uk/pbg-construction/gallery

So it works on every device i've tried so far except the iPhone..... I've tried safari and chrome on the iPhone bith with no luck. The gallery doesn't show at all, bnothing shows, just a big blank space where it should be.

Please advise me how to get it to work on the iPhone.

Cheers

Re: iPhone - gallery not working (Drupal site)

Please make sure that you are viewing your gallery over a wi-fi connection and not 3G or 4G.
If you are using 3G or 4G, then please see this FAQ for a solution.
Why can't I view my gallery on a 3G mobile connection?
I've just checked your gallery ion Mobile Safari on an iPod Touch and it displays and functions fine so I suspect that this might be the cause of your problem.

I am without doubt connected to wifi not 3G or 4G

However this may not be the case at all times so need to find a fix that resolves both issues:

Gallery not working on iPhone wifi or 3G / 4G.

update - in iPhone google chrome when I select request desktop site the gallery works, it's doesn't work in Safari

I am unable to see the problem you describe in either Chrome or Mobile Safari on my iPod Touch. (I see your gallery's Splash Page in both browsers and tapping it expands the gallery as expected.)
Try implementing the 3G/4G solution suggested in the FAQ. It can't do any harm and it might help.
Also, try uploading the sample 'web' gallery from the Juicebox-Pro zip package ('juicebox_pro_1.4.3.2/web/') to your own web server and try viewing it in Mobile Safari on your iPhone to see what happens.
If you have not already done so, try completely clearing your Mobile Safari browser's cache before reloading your web page to see if this helps, too.