Topic: Mobile juicebox don't work. [SOLVED]

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english, im french, i do my best...

My website is www.maillotcrosscar.com.

I have juicebox pro on the 'frontpage' (http://maillotcrosscar.com/) , 'Partenaires' (http://maillotcrosscar.com/partenaires)...

I don't have any problem with computer, but with mobile phones, the image remains on juicebox freeze. The running of the web page does not work with the finger.

The gallery works well, but it takes the total priority over the page, which is very annoying, especially since I do not have this problem with the free version ..

I use drupal / artisteer theme generator.
I already tested with other themes and see if another module could be conflicts.

Thanks you in advance,

Tommy-informatique.

Re: Mobile juicebox don't work. [SOLVED]

What you are seeing on your mobile device is the Splash Page.
The Splash Page is a placeholder for the gallery which is displayed by default on small screen devices when the gallery is embedded in a page alongside other content (rather than displayed on a page of its own with dimensions of 100% x 100%, filling the browser window).
When the user taps the Splash Page, the gallery is expanded to fill the user's browser window.
For more information about the Splash Page and how Juicebox adapts to different devices and screen sizes, please see here.

You can choose to not use the Splash Page by setting showSplashPage="NEVER".
Alternatively, you can force the gallery to be displayed in Large Screen Mode (which, by default, does not use the Splash Page) on all devices and in all browsers by setting screenMode="LARGE".

If you choose to continue to use the Splash Page, you can customize it using the Splash Page configuration options.

When using the Juicebox module for Drupal, Pro configuration options can be entered in the 'Juicebox Library - Pro / Manual Config' section of your Drupal Dashboard ('Home -> Administration -> Structure -> Content types -> Article -> Manage Display -> Juicebox settings'). For example:

showSplashPage="NEVER"

Please note that you have also set your gallery's width to be a fixed value of 900px. The gallery will have this fixed width in all browsers and on all devices.
If your Drupal theme is responsive, then you might like to set your gallery's width to be 100% instead.
The gallery's width should then span the width of its parent container no matter what its size.

thank you for your answer.

(frontpage http://maillotcrosscar.com/)

I have put "screenMode="LARGE"
and showSplashPage="NEVER".
And the width is 100% now.

But the problem is not fixed...

I can't move and see the whole page. (on the frontpage)..
It's miss him down..

please help.

Steven wrote:

What you are seeing on your mobile device is the Splash Page.
The Splash Page is a placeholder for the gallery which is displayed by default on small screen devices when the gallery is embedded in a page alongside other content (rather than displayed on a page of its own with dimensions of 100% x 100%, filling the browser window).
When the user taps the Splash Page, the gallery is expanded to fill the user's browser window.
For more information about the Splash Page and how Juicebox adapts to different devices and screen sizes, please see here.

You can choose to not use the Splash Page by setting showSplashPage="NEVER".
Alternatively, you can force the gallery to be displayed in Large Screen Mode (which, by default, does not use the Splash Page) on all devices and in all browsers by setting screenMode="LARGE".

If you choose to continue to use the Splash Page, you can customize it using the Splash Page configuration options.

When using the Juicebox module for Drupal, Pro configuration options can be entered in the 'Juicebox Library - Pro / Manual Config' section of your Drupal Dashboard ('Home -> Administration -> Structure -> Content types -> Article -> Manage Display -> Juicebox settings'). For example:

showSplashPage="NEVER"

Please note that you have also set your gallery's width to be a fixed value of 900px. The gallery will have this fixed width in all browsers and on all devices.
If your Drupal theme is responsive, then you might like to set your gallery's width to be 100% instead.
The gallery's width should then span the width of its parent container no matter what its size.

Your gallery seems to display and function OK on an iPod Touch and I am also able to scroll down the page OK.

Please let me know what mobile devices and browsers (and version numbers) you see the problem in. Thank you.

Also, when scrolling down a page, try to tap in areas other than the gallery. If you initiate a scroll gesture inside the gallery, Juicebox may interpret the tap as the start of a swipe gesture instead and the page may not scroll.

Is the mobile phone running Windows 8.1 with the mobile version of Internet Explorer 11, if so there do seem to be some issues with hanging etc.

There seems to be a problem with being able to scroll down pages containing embedded Juicebox galleries on Windows Phones using Internet Explorer 11.
Unfortunately, I do not have a solution or workaround at the moment but I have notified the developers of this issue.

@Tommy-informatique
Please let me know what mobile devices and browsers (and version numbers) you see the problem in.
The more information I can pass on to the developers, the better.
Thank you.

The bug is on my nokia 1520, it's on windows phone 8.1.

I buy juicebox to use with my windows phone, I use it to do demonstrations websites I have develop...

Hoping that the problem is fixed, I will wait

Thanks,

Thank you for the additional information.
I have passed it on to the developers who will investigate further.
I will post back in this thread when I have any further news on this issue.

Please try the following.

Open the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file in a plain text editor and change lines 945-947 from:

body, html {
    -ms-touch-action: none;
}

... to:

.juicebox-gallery {
    -ms-touch-action: none;
}

Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Please note that the line numbers above refer to the current version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.4.3.2).

The bug noted above (whereby a page containing an embedded gallery cannot be scrolled in Windows mobile devices) has now been fixed in Juicebox v1.4.4.
Please see the Upgrading Juicebox support page for instructions on how to download the latest version and upgrade existing galleries.
Please see the Version History for a list of changes between versions.