Topic: Unable to embed

I have purchased Juicebox Pro.  After setting up my gallery, following the instructions to embed within an existing html page.... the only thing that shows up on the page when I load to the server is the code!!  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have a Mac, and am using Dreamweaver 5.5.

Thank you in advance for any light you can shed.

Pam

Re: Unable to embed

can you post a link to your page?

@pamschinnery

It sounds like you have entered your gallery's embedding code as plain text rather than as raw HTML code.
Please check your input mode in Dreamweaver. You should insert your HTML embedding code in 'View -> Code' mode rather than 'View -> Design'.

Also, there is a note for Dreamweaver users in the Juicebox Embedding Guide here which you might find useful.

I hope this helps.

If you continue to experience difficulties, then please post the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further.

Hi Steven.

Thanks for getting back to me.  Yes, I understand that the code must be placed within the code view. I did that. I copied the "embed code" from Juicebox that showed up once I built & customized my gallery. Still it shows up on the page as text.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Pam

It certainly sounds like your embedding code has been entered as plain text rather than as HTML code.
The most likely explanation for the embedding code being be visible on screen when you view your web page in a browser would be if Dreamweaver had modified the code (escaping the XML entities) which would happen if the embedding code had been entered as text rather than code, thereby preventing a browser from parsing it as code and resulting in it just being displayed instead.
Please double-check that you have entered the embedding code as raw HTML (to ensure that Dreamweaver does not modify the code at all) and if you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your web page so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and help further. Thank you.