Topic: Basic questions before buying JB Pro

I have a specific use case, and before I spend time and money on JuiceBox, I just wanted to make sure it would do it.
I already have a web page which displays all my Flickr sets, in the proper order, and lets you choose one to view the photos within.
But that page is a normal web page, and is NOT mobile-friendly, so I'm looking for a software package which will let me do the following:

In a mobile-friendly way:
1. Show all my Flickr sets, in the same order Flickr shows them. Having a thumbnail for each would be required.
2. Once the user selects a set, show the photos in there in chronological order or the order Flickr uses.
3. The list of sets should update automatically as new sets are created.

Bonus:
4. Show the text for each photo, either next to it, or via some sort of popup or mouseover.

So I don't need a non-mobile-friendly solution, I already have that. 
Will JuiceBox or JuiceBox Pro do all of these?

Re: Basic questions before buying JB Pro

With Juicebox-Pro, you could certainly produce individual galleries to each display a different Flickr Set.

1. Show all my Flickr sets, in the same order Flickr shows them. Having a thumbnail for each would be required.

With Juicebox-Pro, you could create as many individual galleries as you like but you would need to link them together manually using techniques such as those in the Embedding Multiple Galleries support section. Juicebox-Pro does not come with any automated method of linking together multiple galleries.

An alternative solution would be to use another one of our products: Showkase.
Showkase is a PHP web application which would allow you to create a complete portfolio web site online using a web browser interface.
Showkase has full support for Juicebox-Pro and your Flickr-based galleries could be created within the application itself (or created with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and then imported into Showkase).
You could create gallery index pages and have as many galleries listed on each index page as you wish.
Each gallery is represented by a thumbnail image with the gallery title displayed below and the gallery is opened when the user clicks on the image.
(Showkase also has the ability to create non-gallery pages such as 'About', 'Contact' and 'Basic' pages where you can enter information about yourself and contact details.)
All of this is done automatically within the interface without the need for any manual coding at all.
If you would like to take a look around the Showkase interface, you can log into the Live Demo Admin here.
Demo sites can be found here and a sample Gallery Index page can be found here.
Showkase can be purchased as Showkase-Standard (which comes with Juicebox-Lite and SimpleViewer-Standard, the free versions) or Showkase-Pro (which comes with Juicebox-Pro and SimpleViewer-Pro). The only difference between Showkase-Standard and Showkase-Pro is the bundled viewers.

2. Once the user selects a set, show the photos in there in chronological order or the order Flickr uses.

Flickr sets are always returned in the order specified on the Flickr set page.
For more details on how to change the order of images in a Flickr Set, please see this FAQ:
How do I change the order of images in a Flickr Photo Set?

3. The list of sets should update automatically as new sets are created.

You would need to add a new Gallery Page within your Showkase site each time you create a new Flickr Set. (There is no way for Juicebox-Pro or Showkase to know that you have created a new Flickr set.) However, this is a quick and easy process which can be done in a matter of minutes (and the new gallery can automatically be listed on a Gallery Index Page if you like).

4. Show the text for each photo, either next to it, or via some sort of popup or mouseover.

Juicebox-Pro supports displaying the Flickr Title and/or Flickr Description in the gallery's caption area.
Please see the Flickr Options section of the Config Options page for details.
The caption area can then be positioned using the captionPosition configuration option.

So I don't need a non-mobile-friendly solution, I already have that.

Both Juicebox-Pro and Showkase are mobile-friendly.
Please try viewing the demo Juicebox galleries and Showkase sites in any mobile devices you have.
Juicebox: http://www.juicebox.net/demos/
Showkase: http://www.showkase.net/demos/

We do not have trial versions of Juicebox-Pro or Showkase but we do offer a money back guarantee:
Juicebox: Can I try a trial version of Juicebox-Pro?
Showkase: Can I try a trial version of Showkase?

I hope you find the information (and links) above helpful.

I'm confused as to terminology, with galleries and sets.
In Flickr, there are sets. My current page (http://cpuworks.com/photos/) shows an automatically-updated list of all sets I have on Flickr.  (This is an app I wrote using phpFlickr.)  When I add sets in Flickr, and refresh the page, the new sets show up.  The problem with my current app is it's not mobile-friendly when I go into a set. Changing the orientation, for instance, messes things up.  Hence the need for a mobile-ready solution.

What I _think_ you're saying is JuiceBox could do the individual set displays, and I'd just call it from my "show all sets" page, with the specific settings for each set in each link. Right?  Replace my Flickr calls with JuiceBox calls?

For instance, to display the contents of the set with ID 72157645547079035, I call:
http://cpuworks.com/photos/?action=phot … 5547079035

There would be some equivalent Javascript function, to which I would pass the set ID?

Is this correct?  Thanks for the clarifications.

In order for a Juicebox-Pro gallery to display a Flickr Set, you would define the Set Id using the flickrSetId configuration option in the gallery's embedding code.
For example:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
    new juicebox({
        containerId: "juicebox-container",
        galleryWidth: "100%",
        galleryHeight: "100%",
        backgroundColor: "#222222",
        useFlickr: "TRUE",
        flickrSetId: "72157645547079035"
    });
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

With Showkase-Pro, you would be able to create a Juicebox-Pro gallery to display a Flickr Set by entering the Set Id into the Showkase-Pro interface. However, there is no way for Showkase-Pro to detect when a new Flickr Set has been created and no way for Showkase-Pro to automatically create a new Juicebox gallery to display the Set.
As I noted earlier, each time you create a new Set, you would have to create a new Juicebox gallery manually within Showkase. This is a quick and easy process (no coding is required at all) and might be a compromise you are willing to make in order to have a mobile-friendly site.

Okay, thanks.  I confess I don't understand why Showkas-Pro can't "detect" when a new Flick Set has been created.
My current PHP code just says when you enter the page: get a list of all current sets from Flickr.  Then iterate through that list building the display.  So the page is built dynamically at every entrance (except when the browser does some caching, in which case you shift-reload as with any web page). Works fine. If I add a set in Flickr, it just shows up.
Are you saying Showkase-Pro doesn't have an equivalent mode?

Are you saying Showkase-Pro doesn't have an equivalent mode?

That is correct. Showkase was not designed with this in mind.
All Showkase pages are created manually by the user via the interface. Showkase does not (and cannot) create pages (whether they are gallery pages or other pages) automatically.