Topic: Publish Juicebox Builder Pro Galleries to Wordpress

Is there a way to work with the desktop application for juicebox builder pro and then when I'm finished with the gallery publish that gallery to wordpress? I see that the builder creates an offline gallery, and I'm wondering how to upload or integrate that gallery into my wordpress site. I would imaging that publish would connect the builder application to my wordpress site, upload the images and customizations.

Basically, I'm wondering what the suggested workflow is, if i want to use the juicebox builder pro and also publish to wordpress. Or do i need to only publish into wordpress by adding a gallery directly on the page or post inside of wordpress, like this: http://cl.ly/0v1j2v1r0L2a0Z3h0L3Q

Re: Publish Juicebox Builder Pro Galleries to Wordpress

Is there a way to work with the desktop application for juicebox builder pro and then when I'm finished with the gallery publish that gallery to wordpress?

Yes.
(1) Create your gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
(2) Upload your complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server via FTP using a program such as Filezilla
(3) Create a new post and use the baseUrl method to embed your gallery (ensuring that the method of entry in your post is 'HTML' rather than 'Visual')
For example, if your domain name is 'www.example.com' and your gallery folder is named 'my_gallery_folder' and you uploaded your gallery folder to the root of your web space, then the embedding code you would enter would be:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="http://www.example.com/my_gallery_folder/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
  new juicebox({
      containerId : 'juicebox-container',
      baseUrl : 'http://www.example.com/my_gallery_folder/',
      galleryWidth : '100%',
      galleryHeight : '600'
  });
  </script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

Alternatively, you might like to try the dedicated Juicebox plugin for WordPress - WP-Juicebox.

Thanks Steven!

I'm new to juicebox and appreciate your help. You mention using the wordpress plugin. Is there an easy way to use that plugin, and also the customizations that are in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro? It seems that there is an either / or situation for those two solutions, and I'm not sure how one would use the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and then apply those customizations to a gallery created with the wordpress plugin.

Andrew

Is there an easy way to use that plugin, and also the customizations that are in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro?

Yes. You can upgrade WP-Juicebox from Juicebox-Lite (which it comes bundled with) to Juicebox-Pro and then customize your gallery with Pro Options by following the instructions here.
It you have already created a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and wish to know what settings your gallery uses, open up your gallery's 'config.xml' file in a plain text editor.
The settings are the attributes to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag.

Thanks Steven. We are using Juicebox Pro.