Topic: Not Acceptable! ... This error was generated by Mod_Security. [SOLVED]

Hi

I have managed to set up multiple galleries, linked together with a top menu for all of them. Everything works great on computer and Android phones but I am having issues on iphone.

On GSM's i am getting the splash pages in the main index.html gallery page. When clicking on it in Android I am routed to an address with "#extended" appended to the url and this works fine. However on Iphone I get redirected to "jbcore/full.html" page  I am getting the following error on Iphone (same link is working ok on computer and Android phone)

Not Acceptable!
An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.

Any ideas? As said everything works ok elsewhere. Found a few links pointing this should be fixed by hosting provider?

Thanks!

PS.
Page in question which is not working
http://www.iris-mandre.com/albums/21/jbcore/full.html

and the splash page leading to it on iphone
http://www.iris-mandre.com/albums/21/index.html

Re: Not Acceptable! ... This error was generated by Mod_Security. [SOLVED]

First of all, I notice that your gallery uses Juicebox-Pro v1.4.0.
Please try upgrading to the current version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.4.2). v1.4.1 was quite a big release with a lot of bugfixes (please see the Version History for details) and upgrading might help. (To be honest, I do not thing this is the reason for your problem but at least, after upgrading, we will be able to rule out any bugs from previous versions of Juicebox.)
Instructions for upgrading Juicebox can be found here.

The error is generated by Mod_Security which is an Apache security module installed on your web server.
Your web host would be the best source of help as they will have a better idea of what exactly might be triggering such as error message. It might simply be the fact that Juicebox expands the gallery (on a new page) using JavaScript (rather than a standard HTML hyperlink) and Mod-Security sees this as a possible security risk. Your web host may need to either disable this module on your web hosting account or change its configuration options to prevent the error message from being triggered.

The only possible way around this (without contacting your web host and changing the Mod_Security settings) might be to set expandInNewPage="FALSE" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> General' section) so that when the gallery is expanded from the Splash Page, it expands in the embedding page rather than on a new page. However, for this to work, correctly on iOS devices, the embedding page must have a locked viewport. Please see here for details.

Re: Not Acceptable! ... This error was generated by Mod_Security. [SOLVED]

I upgraded the gallery, thanks for the info, was not the problem solution as expected. expandInNewPage option did the trick, thanks! Eventually I decided to change the design and avoid the Splash page all together.
It seems Mod_security can be changed on your own (without hosting provider help) through .htaccess file, did not play with it now things are working this way...

I have one more question but will open a new topic for this one since it is not related.

Thanks for your quick help!