Topic: Custom Theme

Hi,
I am pleased to see update 1.4 of Juicebox with many improvements and fixes. I am using a Custom Theme and noticed that the classic CSS is changed. Even with Notepad ++ COMPARE it is a lot of work to create my new Custom Theme based on 1.4
I believe there is a challenge for the developers to make the use of Custom themes in Juicebox 1.4x smarter.

I see in the CSS of classic Theme that Juicebox is still supporting IE7 and IE8, what is the purpose of this support?
Is it possible to get a build of Juicebox 1.4 without the support for these old Webbrowsers?
I am using JQuery 2.x for my website (www.delosgaia.nl)

Re: Custom Theme

Unfortunately, it is sometimes necessary to change the 'theme.css' file between versions (when bugs are fixed or new features are added). We are aware of this and have tried to make configuring a gallery as flexible as possible (for example with the available configuration options and the use of vector icon fonts) without the need to modify CSS (although I understand that some things may be achieved only with custom CSS).
Perhaps a solution to your problem would be to have your modifications in a separate CSS file and use the !important declaration to ensure that they override the CSS rules from the gallery's own 'theme.css' file.

Juicebox does, indeed, still support older versions of Internet Explorer. IE8 still has a small but not insignificant market-share and we do not want to alienate users by dropping support for older browsers too early.

There is only one version of Juicebox available and, therefore, I am unable to supply you with a version available which does not include support for older versions of Internet Explorer.