Topic: Missing Captions

Hi. My brother and I cooperate on a website that uses Juicebox Pro. We have both been converting from Simpleviewer Pro. I have had some minor issues; some resolved, some lurking in the background. Anyhow, my brother posted on Juicebox Lite forum by mistake, under Jaylambart.  He has been having problems with the captions not coming across from Simpleviewer to Juicebox. Here's the thing.... when I do the conversion on my computer (Mac), it works just fine. When he does it on his (HP) they do not appear. Now, I cannot tell what is going on with his conversion, and I do plan on getting him to send his config.xml file to me so I can have a look at it (he does not understand code). I'll not be able to do this and more troubleshooting till Wednesday, but I thought I might mention this:
All of the gallery conversions I have done for myself up till now (from Simpleviewer Pro to Juicebox Pro) have worked fine and as a result, each folder now contains a subfolder labelled "jbcore" in addition to the remaining and obsolete "svcore" which I have manually deleted.
When I convert my brother's galleries from Simpleviewer Pro, I end up with a folder with no new "jbcore" subfolder at all... just the config.xml file. The svcore subfolder is still there and this seems to be all it needs to run, as it certainly opens up fine and transfers all the captions.

So the mystery still remains about the missing captions on the PC conversion, but I thought that I should figure out if the jbcore subfolder had any bearing on things. As suggested, I would like to provide you with the URL to his galleries which are still in Simpleviewer Pro format. (you have been to this site before): http://www.twolambs.ca/Jcurrent.html. Anyway, if you have any more advice, it would be appreciated; I'll follow more of your directions come Wednesday. Thanks.

Re: Missing Captions

So the mystery still remains about the missing captions on the PC conversion, but I thought that I should figure out if the jbcore subfolder had any bearing on things.

The fact that the converted gallery does not have a 'jbcore' folder is, indeed, a problem.

I have just downloaded the 'gallery.xml' file (from the URL you provided) and the first image and thumbnail in the gallery, placed them in a test SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.0 gallery (the same version of SimpleViewer that your brother uses) and converted the gallery to a Juicebox-Pro gallery successfully (on a PC) with no problem. The 'jbcore' folder was created, the 'gallery.xml' file was renamed to 'config.xml' and the captions were converted successfully, too.
I do not know what might be preventing your brothers galleries from converting successfully.

At teh moment, all I can suggest is that you both make sure that your JuiceboxBuilder-Pro installations are up-to-date (v1.3.3).
If necessary, instructions for upgrading can be found here.

It would certainly help if I had access to a complete gallery folder which fails to convert successfully. It may differ from the one I constructed manually from files in the URL you posted.
Please zip and upload one of the galleries that fails to convert successfully so that I can download it and try the conversion for myself. Thank you.

Okay, I am back after a hiatus. My brother has uploaded all of his gallery folders to the server. When I download them, my Juicebox Pro does not open the gallery. And yet, if they are viewed on the web in their non-embedded state, they seem to run fine. It's just impossible to edit anything if you can't get the program to run its own gallery. So, I would like to send a zip file of at least one of the galleries. How do I attach it, or do you have a support e-mail I can use?

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.
Thank you.