Topic: Bug? Gallery sized incorrectly on iPad when Show Splash Page = NEVER

I think I've discovered a bug in Juicebox 1.0.2.

If you set "Show Splash Page" to NEVER, the gallery is not resized correctly when rotating from landscape to portrait (or vice versa) on an iPad.

Tested with: iPad 3, iPod 4, Windows 7/64-bit

I'd be happy to supply more information if required. Thanks.

Re: Bug? Gallery sized incorrectly on iPad when Show Splash Page = NEVER

I have tried creating a sample gallery with showSplashPage="NEVER" and the gallery resizes OK when the orientation is changed on my iPod Touch 4th Gen iOS 5.1.1.
Perhaps the bug is evident when showSplashPage="NEVER" is used in conjunction with some other setting.
Juicebox v1.1.0 has just been released.
Try upgrading your gallery to v1.1.0 to see if this helps.
If not, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Thanks for your reply, Steven.

I've downloaded the version 1.1.0, and I'm no longer seeing (or not able to reproduce) the scaling issue mentioned above. However, I am still seeing another issue that I encountered in the previous (and current version).

When Show Splash Page is set to NEVER, and the gallery is viewed on an iPod, only very tiny thumbnails appear in the center of the screen. No navigation buttons or anything else. Clicking on a thumbnail, shows the image, but the navigation that appears is extremely tiny. It's like JB is confusing my iPod with a large screen. Also note that the caption bar is not respecting my choices (set to "BELOW_IMAGE", but it appears at the bottom of the screen).

I'm attaching my preset below for you to try. Let me know if you require any additional information. Thanks.

PS: Everything works fine on the iPad and Desktop; it's just on the iPod that I'm seeing problems.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<juiceboxpreset galleryWidth="100%"
    enableDirectLinks="true"
    stagePadding="0"
    galleryTitlePosition="OVERLAY"
    frameWidth="0"
    maxThumbColumns="10"
    showThumbPagingText="true"
    useThumbDots="false"
    showAutoPlayButton="true"
    showInfoButton="false"
    showNavButtons="false"
    showImageNumber="false"
    autoPlayOnLoad="false"
    thumbPadding="10"
    showSmallThumbs="true"
    showLargeThumbs="true"
    showOpenButton="false"
    showExpandButton="false"
    galleryHeight="90%"
    captionPosition="BELOW_IMAGE"
    maxCaptionHeight="50"
    buttonBarPosition="OVERLAY"
    showSplashPage="NEVER"
    showImageOverlay="ALWAYS"
    screenMode="AUTO"
    splashButtonText="View Gallery >"
    displayTime="3"
    useFullscreenExpand="true"
    backButtonPosition="NONE"
    backButtonHAlign="LEFT"
    galleryTitleHAlign="CENTER"/>

Part of the Small Screen Mode experience is for Juicebox to display a Splash Page as a placeholder where the gallery would be in a desktop browser. When the user clicks 'View Gallery' from the Splash Page, the gallery is displayed fullscreen and scaled for mobile devices. This is the default behavior as if the gallery is embedded in a page and viewed on a mobile device where a Splash Page is not used, the gallery itself is likely to be displayed too small to be usable (as you have discovered).
If you disable the Splash Page and wish to have your web page scaled for mobile devices, try including the following code in your web page's <head> section.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

5 (edited by trevor 2012-08-03 18:06:46)

Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to work either.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to use the Splash page for the iPod/iPhone.