1 (edited by andrea.marucci 2013-11-15 14:56:09)

Topic: No navigation Android IOS

Hello, I'm trying to implement my galleries but before converting them I've noticed that in the mobile gallery the navigation is not displayed like you can see in the attach

http://i.imgur.com/xLxmgkZ.png

Mine is Samsung S4 and I've asked a friend with iOS 7 to test but it's the same

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn6g3wgh0er4wwj/Photo%20Nov%2015%2C%206%2050%2046.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzdiy5odze6lxy5/Photo%20Nov%2015%2C%206%2050%2041.png

What's wrong?

Re: No navigation Android IOS

Ok I've noted that the nav appear when I look at a single image. The only problem is that I'd need at least a home button on the thumbs page otherwise the user have to press the back button on his browser and this is not elegant...

showSmallBackButton="true" is in. If you want to try

http://album.kog.it/gallerytest

In Small Screen Mode, the navigation buttons on the thumbnail page navigate between thumbnail pages (rather than main images). When a thumbnail is selected, the corresponding main image is displayed and the navigation buttons then navigate between main images.

In Small Screen Mode, the Back Button (and Button Bar) are displayed only on main image pages (not on thumbnail pages).
When you link to your galleries, you can initially skip the thumbnail pages in Small Screen Mode by setting showSmallThumbsOnLoad="FALSE".
Further to that, you could prevent the user from ever entering a thumbnail page by setting showSmallThumbsButton="FALSE"
Both of these configuration options can be found in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Thumbnails' section.

For more information on Screen Modes and how Juicebox adapts to different devices and screen sizes, please see here.

5 (edited by andrea.marucci 2013-11-17 14:12:57)

Yes but the problem is that when a user is in the main thumbs page, he cannot go back to the menu page where he can choose among the galleries. Since I've many galleries I'd like that the user can go back without using the "back" button on the phone.

For me should be correct to have a situation like the one in this mockup where I enter the gallery and see the first thumbnails. On the right there's the arrow to browse the following thumbs and on the left there's a home button where I can go back to my home page where I can choose another gallery to view.

http://i.imgur.com/vqkhHUr.jpg

More or less is like the behaviour in the desktop pages.

How can I accomplish that?

Yes but the problem is that when a user is in the main thumbs page, he cannot go back to the menu page where he can choose among the galleries.

This is why I suggested preventing the thumbnail page from being displayed (so that problem never arises).
I realise that you may not want to do this but there is currently no way to have the Back Button displayed on the thumbnail page in Small Screen Mode.
If you would like to suggest this for a future version of Juicebox-Pro, please post it in the Feature Request thread. (It keeps all the suggestions together and ensures that they are not overlooked.)

One possible workaround would be to set screenMode="LARGE" (in JuiceboxBuilder's 'Customize -> General' section) to force the gallery to be displayed in Large Screen Mode in all browsers and on all devices. The Back Button will always be visible. (The thumbnails will be displayed on the same page as the main images but users can toggle the thumbnails on and off using the Thumbnail Button on the Button Bar.)

I'll try that...

No way. All the sharing icons and other icons appear overlapped. Maybe could be interesting to link the gallery title back home or to put a single home icon instead of all the icons.

Question is. With Showkase is the same? I'd like to use one or the other but the home icon missing is, for me, a big error in navigation terms...

All the sharing icons and other icons appear overlapped.

This is a known problem which has already been addressed and will be fixed in the next version of Juicebox.

Forcing Large Screen Mode for all browsers and devices is, indeed, a compromise (which is why Juicebox usually defaults to using Small Screen Mode on small screen mobile devices).
Unfortunately, Juicebox has not been designed to do what you want it to do (show the Back Button on the Small Screen Mode thumbnail pages).

If you link directly to your gallery (as you currently do), the user can always use the browser's own back button to return to the original web page.
However, if you were to embed your gallery directly in your web page (rather than just use a link to the gallery's index page), a Splash Page would be displayed (in Small Screen Mode) and when the Splash Page is clicked or tapped, the gallery would open in a new page (like a link). However, the difference in this scenario is that there would be a 'Close Gallery' button on both the thumbnail pages and the main image pages which would take the user back to the original web page.

Maybe could be interesting to link the gallery title back home

Ordinarily, you would be able to make a Gallery Title into a link by using HTML formatting as described in this FAQ:
How do I add HTML formatting to the Gallery Title or Back Button?
However, there is currently a bug whereby a Gallery Title is not clickable in a Small Screen Mode thumbnail page.
I have logged a bug report with the developers and this should hopefully be fixed in the next version.

With Showkase is the same?

Juicebox galleries function exactly the same whether they are embedded in Showkase pages or any other web pages.
However, Juicebox galleries are embedded into Showkase pages (rather than just linked to), so when a gallery is opened from a Splash Page, there will always be a 'Close Gallery' button visible (on both the thumbnail pages and the main image pages) to take the user back to the original web page.

All the sharing icons and other icons appear overlapped.

This bug has now been fixed in v1.4.0. Please see this blog entry for details.