Topic: Thumbnails Crop

Hello, I am using the Juicebox Pro version but I can't find how to automatically create a scaled thumbnail image.
Actually the thumbnails images are just a small crop of the original image and the result is like you take a big image and you just grab a little part of this image and use it like a thumb, so it's impossible to identify the picture with this kind of thumbnail.
I find how to do it manually but I have too much pictures to do it for each one.
Is there any option that can scale the image automatically in the thumbnail ?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad English :)

Re: Thumbnails Crop

The thumbnails (which are designed primarily as a navigation tool) are scaled to fill the dimensions set via the thumbWidth and thumbHeight values.
Whatever values you set for the thumbnail dimensions (using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Images (tab) -> Image Size (control panel) -> Change... (button)' options), the images will be scaled so that they completely fill (rather than fit within) the thumbnail dimensions.

It is not possible to automatically have the thumbnails individually mirror the aspect ratios of their corresponding main images. All thumbnails in a gallery will be the same size as each other and if they do not have the same aspect ratio as the main images, then cropping will occur. However, the thumbnails will be cropped only at the top and bottom or at the left and right but not in both dimensions.

Thanks for your quick answer if you take this example http://www.juicebox.net/demos/lite/full/
it's exactly what I want, on it we can clearly identify what's the next picture will be...
But in my case if i take for a example a picture of a stand man my thumb will crop the picture and I will have for result something like just a zoom of a small part of his hair or mouth or wear.. or anything else and then it's hard to image the picture result.
On my settings I writhed the thumbWidht & Height value but that doesn't work for me. For each picture he decide to crop and the crop is generally situated in the center of the picture and have like a lot of jeans belt zoom...

It sounds like your gallery is not using your thumbURL images for your thumnails.
If the thumbURL images are missing from your web server (or the paths to them are incorrect in your gallery's XML file), Juicebox will use the imageURL images instead but these images are not scaled to fit the thumbnail dimensions when the gallery is displayed. (They are center-cropped as you describe.)
When creating a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, your original images are scaled to generate dedicated thumbnails at the specified dimensions. However, when the gallery is displayed, the images used for the thumbnails (whether they are the thumbURLs or the imageURLs) are displayed at actual size (as the dedicated thumbnails should match the thumbWidth and thumbHeight values and this should not be a problem). This has been logged as a bug and should be fixed in a future version of Juicebox.

Check the that your thumbnail images are present in your gallery's 'thumbs' folder and make sure that the corresponding thumbURL entries in your gallery's XML file are correct.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.