1 (edited by OlivierF 2013-11-06 08:50:00)

Topic: Share on Facebook thumb [SOLVED]

Hi,
i start my own thread because my answer was simply ignored in the other thread.
So i use the 1.3.3 who have still this issue, any news to have it fixed ?
I see some photos work and others not, don't know why.
To be honnest i switched to juicebox to have the possibility to share via facebook the foto, now i see it's a problem...
Could you tell me more about this problem, i see some thread speak about icc ? How can i remove it ?
Open an image on photoshop and save it again doesn't change anything.
Exemple :
http://fredericlambert.be/folio
The first line works, after not

Regards,
Olivier

Re: Share on Facebook thumb [SOLVED]

Could you tell me more about this problem,

Unfortunately, Facebook thumbnail creation is inconsistent at the moment.
This is a known problem which the developers are aware of. All known bugs are addressed and solutions to this problem are being investigated. However, I currently have no news as to when this problem might be fixed.

Juicebox sends the thumbnail image URL to Facebook (as per the Facebook Developer API) but whether or not the thumbnail is actually displayed seems to be hit and miss.
For example, I clicked on the 5th image on the second row of your gallery's thumbnail page and the Facebook thumbnail was not displayed. However, I clicked on the same image again and the Facebook thumbnail appeared the second time around.
I have no doubt that Juicebox is sending the same data to Facebook both times but the results are inconsistent (perhaps due to a timeout in sending or processing the data).

There are also some known factors in this problem.
Facebook requires that the thumbnail image be at least 50px x 50px, have a maximum aspect ratio of 3:1 and have a maximum file size of 5MB.
It is also known that images exported by Adobe Lightroom fail to have thumbnails created by Facebook.
If you can ensure that your images meet the above criteria, you will be giving your images the best chance of having Facebook thumbnails generated successfully.

The first line works, after not

I clicked randomly on 10 of your images beyond the 1st row of thumbnails and 7 out of the 10 had their Facebook thumbnails generated successfully.

i see some thread speak about icc ? How can i remove it ?

I'm not sure that this will help but you should be able to strip an ICC profile from an image in Adobe Photoshop by going to 'File -> Save As...' and deselecting the ICC checkbox in the 'Color' section.

We understand how frustrating this problem is for users and we are investigating further.

Re: Share on Facebook thumb [SOLVED]

A new version of the Juicebox web module for Adobe Lightroom has been released (v1.3.3.1) which fixes the problem of Facebook thumbnails not being displayed. The web module can be downloaded from this web page.

For non-Lightroom users who are still faced with the problem of Facebook thumbnails not being displayed, try stripping all EXIF data from your gallery images by resaving your images in an imaging program (with EXIF data deselected) or resizing them in JuiceboxBuilder (which strips all EXIF data by default).