Topic: newbie issues with sv conversion to jb

Hi
when i open my simpleviewer albums with Juicebox it asks if i want to convert - i do, and it opens up the image window, but none of my images auto-populate... no images imported, no captions imported, I am no PHP wiz, so that workaround in the forum isn't a fit for me...  any ideas much appreciated!!  Thanks

also, I really miss the lovely graphic front end in simpleviewer... as opposed to the image bar on the bottom - I'd gladly pay for an upgrade that has that look!

Re: newbie issues with sv conversion to jb

What version of SimpleViewer are you converting from? Juicebox requires a SimpleViewer v2 gallery to convert. Also if you are using custom baseURLs or imagePaths the auto conversion may fail.

The other option is to drag all your images from your SimpleViewer gallery into JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, however this way you will lose your image captions.

thanks,
just sent in a request for a new download link to get svpro on my new lion build - i imagine i need that to upgrade my albums to v2?... i am trying to avoid a total rebuild, but perhaps I will need it.
stephen

any chance the wonderful grid home page of sv will ever make it to juicebox?

i imagine i need that to upgrade my albums to v2?

It would become a two-step process but you could use svBuilder-Pro to first convert your SimpleViewer v1.9 galleries to SimpleViewer v2, then you could use JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to convert your SimpleViewer v2 galleries to Juicebox.

any chance the wonderful grid home page of sv will ever make it to juicebox?

I do not know about the possibility of having a grid of thumbnails but further thumbnail positioning options are currently being considered.

5 (edited by smohring 2012-06-11 04:15:40)

Got it, much appreciated, I will start the process as soon as I get the upgrade link.

Is there another place I can vote for the thumbnail grid ?? - such a beautiful and simple design, nothing else like it out there.
porta would convert SV to a thumbnail flow on the bottom, like juice, if there was no flash to be found - perhaps that could happen for small screen / conversion to mobile?  Anyhow, wonderful products, both of them, many thanks.

Is there another place I can vote for the thumbnail grid ??

Please post feature requests in this thread so that they are not overlooked.
Thank you.

7 (edited by smohring 2012-06-14 04:39:13)

hi
thanks again for all your help,
i try opening the old sv galleries in my new sv pro, but all i get is blank medium size images (all x'ed out) no conversion seems to take place... i am sure i am missing something fundamental... these were first made with porta and sv.... since the original albums were not made using sv pro, am i out of luck keeping the old captions? (www.stephenmohring.net)

my apologies if i should post these questions somewhere else, please let me know if so.

thanks!

my apologies if i should post these questions somewhere else, please let me know if so.

Absolutely fine here. No problem!

Thank you for providing the additional information and link to your existing galleries.
A couple of global search and replace actions on your gallery XML files should be all that is required to have svBuilder-Pro successfully open them.
Open each XML file in a plain text editor and replace each instance of <name> with <filename> and each instance of </name> with </filename>.
If you have a text editor such as Notepad++, you can open all your XML files at once and a single search and replace action will replace all the tags in all the files in one go.