Topic: svg images not showing with pagespeed service

Hi, i tried Google's page-speed service, but the gallery icons did not display in Firefox or IE. They displayed in Chrome.

I thought the issue was at first page-speed so i stopped the service and then the icons reappeared in Firefox and IE.

But what i found after experimenting with parallelization was that when the jbcore file was loaded from my sub domain like this

<script src="http://m.lakanephotography.co.uk/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>

The same problem occurred no icons in Firefox or IE

Is there a way i can fix this?

Kind Regards

Lee

Re: svg images not showing with pagespeed service

I notice that you currently use Juicebox-Pro v1.3.1.
It might be worth upgrading to the current version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.3.2) to see if it helps.
It may not make a difference but it should be quick and easy to try and will eliminate the possibility of any bugs from v1.3.1 contributing to the problem.
Instructions for upgrading Juicebox-Pro can be found here.

I'm not sure if this is a contributing factor in your scenario but all Juicebox files should be on the same domain or subdomain as the web page containing the JavaScript embedding code.

Do you have a sample gallery that I can take a look at which exhibits this behavior? Thanks.

Sure the gallery is on my website www.lakanephotography.co.uk

Its strange because if you use the chrome browser the icons display.

I will try the upgrade to.

Many thanks

Lee

I would certainly try upgrading Juicebox-Pro to v1.3.2.
I would also try hosting your jbcore folder on www.lakanephotography.co.uk (the same subdomain as web page containing the gallery's embedding code) rather than m.lakanephotography.co.uk. The JavaScript same-origin policy may be contributing to the problem.
Also, if using the Google PageSpeed Service, try excluding the 'jbcore' folder. This PageSpeed URL Control page should help with this.

Thanks Steven. I will give it all a try, and report back.

Hi Steven, I stopped the PageSpeed service to take a look to see what was happening and the problem resolved when i served the jbcore folder from my domain.

However when i switched the PageSpeed service back on. the problem did not reappear.

Thank you for posting back with the update.
I can't explain the inconsistent behavior but I'm glad the end result is what you are looking for.