Topic: Reverse sort of pictures without JuiceboxBuilder?

Hi everybody,

because of individual problems (too many images (about ~1960 right now, and counting), too high jpg quality) Juicebox Builder can't open my gallery anymore.

As a workaround, I used to add my new pictures to a very small gallery, and after saving that gallery I took the new lines from the config.xml file and pasted them to a different .xml file (using a text editor), renamed that one and uploaded it to my webspace.

Now I think about reversing the sort of the images (changing from new->old to old->new, in order to let every image keep it's numer in the direct link).

Is there any tool that can do this automatically and safe me from doing Copy&Paste?

Re: Reverse sort of pictures without JuiceboxBuilder?

If you are unable to open your gallery in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, then, as long as your images and thumbnails have the same file names, try the following:

• Copy your gallery folder.

• In the copied gallery folder, replace the images in the 'images' folder with the images from the 'thumbs' folder.

• Now open the copied gallery folder in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (which no longer contains all your large images).

• Re-order the images in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro ('Images -> Sort -> Reverse') from the drop-down menu at the top.

• Save the gallery on the 'Publish' tab.

• Replace the 'config.xml' file in your original gallery folder with the 'config.xml' file from the copied gallery folder.

If this does not work (for example if you are still unable to open the gallery in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro), then if you know any programming languages, you could perhaps write a script to reverse the order of <image> tags using XML parsing techniques.

Ah, that's a good idea. I'll give it a try.
Thanks!

It works.
Thanks again!

That's great!
Thank you for posting back to let me know.