Topic: Recommended image size

Hello all !

I would like to know what image size you recommend for images in juicebox galleries ?

My first idea is that images usually don't look good if they are resized, so maybe it's better that they are a little too small than a little too big, and so I would give them the biggest size that will fit most screen sizes ; that would be something like 1024x768.

But really I'm not too sure, so I wanted to know what your recommendations are, taking into account juicebox various margins.

My galleries will be "full" (not embedded), and my original images are about 5000 by 4000 pixels.

Thanks in advance,

Yannick

Re: Recommended image size

When creating a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro using default settings, the application will resize your images to 1024x768 (with a quality of 80%), resulting in images with a file size of approximately 120KB each.
These default values are usually a good compromise between resolution, quality and file size for web gallery use.
The ideal size for your images will depend on a number of factors including the dimensions of your gallery and the audience you are targeting with your gallery (whether they are likely to be viewing your gallery on mobile devices or on large monitors).
Therefore, 1024x768 may not be ideal for all scenarios but it should be a good starting point for most users.
If you do not want your images to be scaled within your gallery, you can set imageScaleMode="NONE" (in JuiceboxBuilder's 'Customize -> Main Image' section). If using this setting, large images will be cropped to fit the image area.

Ok thank you !
By the way is there a way to make juicebox builder resize images that are bigger than 4096 * 4096 ? My original images are bigger than that

No. Unfortunately, this is a limitation imposed by Adobe AIR (the platform on which JuiceboxBuilder-Pro runs).
Please see this web page for details. (Adobe AIR internally uses Adobe Flash Player as the runtime environment.)

Ok thanks ! I will resize them myself then, that's not too bad