1 (edited by banaandigitaal 2013-08-31 13:59:00)

Topic: Thumbnail & Background Color Issue

Hello everyone,

After viewing some demo's i just purchased the awesomeness called Juicebox.
I also bought simpleviewer and showkase. I plan to use those two later, but i wanted to test Juicebox first.
Installing in Wordpress (WP_Juicebox plugin) was easy, but i seem to have a issue..

1) Somehow my thumbnails don't show up on my mainpage: http://www.wootabulous.com/teval-factory/
When you click the enlarge button and view the images at full screen mode you will notice the thumbs are there, though.

How to fix this?

2) Is it possible to have a different background color on the full screen page?
I would like to have the background #FFFFFF (white) on my mainpage, and #000000 (black) on the full screen page.
(Full screen images just look better on a black background imho)

If so, how do i change this? I tried using the Pro Tools and took a look in the CSS but i couldn't manage it.

I hope someone is able to help me out on these 2 questions.

Thanks in advance,

Maarten

Re: Thumbnail & Background Color Issue

(1) Try temporarily disabling all plugins (other than WP-Juicebox) to see if this makes a difference. If your thumbnails display OK, then there may be a conflict between WP-Juicebox and another one of your plugins. Reinstate each plugin one by one (and check your gallery's thumbnails after each one) to see if you can find the cause of the problem.
Also, try temporarily reverting to the default WordPress theme to see if there is a possible conflict between WP-Juicebox and your current theme.

(2) Juicebox-Pro uses only one backgroundColor configuration option for both normal and fullscreen modes.
However, it is possible to have different color backgrounds for normal and fullscreen modes through use of the Juicebox-Pro API, JavaScript and CSS. Please see this forum post for details. Please note, however, that this would be difficult to implement within WP-Juicebox.

Thanks again for your fast response Steven. Perfect advice again. First i tried to switch themes and with all other themes i use the thumbnails work like they should. Therefor its indeed no Juicebox issue, but a wordpress / expose theme problem. Of all the themes i own i like this one the best, and i certainly do not know how to fix this issue :(
You wouldn't be able to help me out on this one, would you?

It is certainly possible that the Expose theme is using some general CSS (for example, applying CSS rules to all instances of certain HTML elements rather than just to specific instances of them through use of classes or ids) which the gallery is inheriting and which is causing the problem.
However, I do not see any CSS in your web page which looks likely to be causing the problem with your Juicebox gallery's thumbnails.
Unfortunately, the Genesis Framework and Expose theme is not free so I am unable to download it and try it out for myself.
Make sure that your Genesis Framework and Expose theme are both up to date in case any bugs which were present in previous versions but which have since been fixed are not contributing to the problem.
You may need to edit the theme and use some trial and error to selectively load each external CSS and JavaScript file one at a time in your gallery's web page until you can narrow down the code which is causing the problem.

5 (edited by banaandigitaal 2013-09-01 12:58:52)

Hi Steven thanks again for your reply. Both the framework and theme are fully up to date, but i'm really not experienced with coding / scripting, thus to narrow down the issue is going to be a tough one for me. I'm glad you're helping me in the right direction though. Thanks.

P.s. i will send you a pm.

Edit: Uhm i just found out this forum doesn't make use of a PM system. ;)
Is there a way i could send you the files (framework + theme)?
Hope to hear from you, thanks.

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.

Thanks so much for helping me out, even while this isn't a Juicebox issue.

I contacted StudioPress support aswel and they replied today with the golden tip.

They explained me to add the following to my style.css:

.jb-idx-thb-list .jb-idx-thumb img {
      max-width: none !important;
    }

So, thats what i did and now all is working like it should! :)

But nevertheless i wanted to thank you again for being so helpfull,
And willing to help me wherever you could.

I am glad that you have been able to resolve your problem.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.