1 (edited by charmedlife 2016-04-26 00:59:57)

Topic: Trouble with Google Photos [SOLVED]

Hello, I have attempted using Google Photo albums lately for juicebox.net through the wordpress plugin, which is not showing me in my WP dash that it needs upgrade.

But it is not working. I am certain that the user id number is correct (it is the same number that is the picassa id number). I have tried putting in the album name as per the instructions and that is not working, noticing after /album/ in the url of this folder there is a number, rather than an album title, I also have tried that number in the album name field to no joy:

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipN … g0LGuBYqL-

Here is a little video about it:

https://gateslosangeles.s3.amazonaws.co … 1724633962

I also tried it with twenty fifteen but no joy there, either.

Dan

Re: Trouble with Google Photos [SOLVED]

... the wordpress plugin, which is not showing me in my WP dash that it needs upgrade.

The WordPress Dashboard will let you know if updates are available only for plugins which are hosted on WordPress's own site. We host WP-Juicebox on our own site (on this web page) and updates have to be performed manually.

I notice that you currently use WP-Juicebox v1.4.0.1.
There have been 8 releases since v1.4.0.1 and many bugs have been fixed, including some relating to Picasa/Google Web Albums. Please see the Version History for details.
I recommend that you upgrade to the current version (v1.4.4.2).
You can download the current version from the plugin's support page and then upload the contents of the zip file to your plugins directory. (You might want to remove the Lite 'jbcore' folder from the plugin before uploading to prevent your Pro 'jbcore' folder from being overwritten.)

I have tried using the User Id and Album Name that you use in your own gallery and your images do not appear so, even with v1.4.4.2, there seems to be a problem with your gallery.
(Incidentally, the correct Album Name is probably 'sketches' rather than the long string from your video.)

When I go to the first link you posted, I am redirected to a Google login page.
Please check that your Google Photos are made public (rather than private).
This may also be a contributing factor to your problem.

With v1.4.4.2 in place and all your photos made public, you should hopefully be able to display your gallery.

You can test that things are working OK by displaying one of my own test albums hosted on Google Photos using the following details. I have just double-checked that this is working OK.
Picasa/Google User Id: 109901943277912891450
Picasa/Google Album Name: TestAlbum

If you can display my gallery but not your own, then at least we know that the WP-Juicebox functionality is working OK on your web server and that the problem lies with your own Google Photo album.

If you cannot display my own gallery, then the problem is with WP-Juicebox on your web server.
If this is the case, then I might need access to your web server in order to run some tests. (We'll cross this bridge later if we need to.)

The suggestions above should at least point us in the right direction.

If you are trying to display a new gallery created within the Google Photos interface (rather than trying to display a gallery that was originally created within the old Picasa interface), then you might need to enter the Album Id (instead of the Album Name) and this is not available within the new Google Photos interface.

Visit this URL in your browser and you'll get an RSS feed of your albums.
https://picasaweb.google.com/data/feed/api/user/<User Id>

If you then hover over (or click on) an album, you'll see a 19 digit number at the end of the URL. This is the Album Id which you can use in the WP-Juicebox interface.

I've tested this myself with an album I created today in Google Photos and it seems to work fine.
Here are the details if you'd like to try to display it yourself (just for testing purposes).
Google User Id: 109901943277912891450
Google Album Id: 6278925468933743905

I hope this helps.

Edit:
Also, visit https://picasaweb.google.com/<User Id>/<Album Id> (corresponding to the album that you are trying to display) and, in the right-hand sidebar next to the thumbnail representing the album, make sure that the visibility setting is 'Public on the web'. If the visibility is set to any other value (e.g. 'Limited' or 'Only you'), the click the 'edit' link and select 'Public on the web'.

Thank you. This last item of getting the numerical id for the album solved it.

I'm glad you've got it working.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.