Topic: Questions to LR6 Plugin usage

Hi all,

I am currently using JB with my desktop LR6 application (I am not using CC).
The plugin is setup and when I want to export a website there are only a few things I do:
-add pictures to a collection (smart collections for my website are taking the pictures from there)
-if necessary change the target web-folder I need
-click on export

I am planning on a change now, which involves a second license and a second place pictures are to be in.
As a result I'd like to have some kind of "two settings" for the plug-in.
I recall that some time ago (I am talking lots of months and do not even remember which version of JB or LR I had then), I was unable to click on another layout style without loosing the settings of the JB plugin.
1st question) Is this still valid, or can I come back to the plugin and find the settings as I have used them 'last time I was using them'.

2nd question) What would be the best choice to have two settings of the plugin. There will be differences in water-mark, setup of the site, buttons, colors, etc.

Yes, I can write down the settings in some way, but I would rather prefer to have a possibility of "loading website 1 settings", using them and if I need the other settings "load the website 2 settings".

Thanks for your proposals how to do this best,
Ruud

Re: Questions to LR6 Plugin usage

Try saving your web engine settings as a template ('Web -> New Template') from the drop down menu at the top of Lightroom 6. You can change your web engine settings and create another template with the new settings.
Then, when creating a gallery, you can switch between templates in the Template Browser control panel (to the left of the live preview window).
I hope this helps.

Hi Steven,

sounds like a solution.
I have not been using the 'save Web gallery' successful until now. Will be trying this, thanks for your answer.

Best regards,
Ruud

Steven wrote:

Try saving your web engine settings as a template ('Web -> New Template') from the drop down menu at the top of Lightroom 6. You can change your web engine settings and create another template with the new settings.
Then, when creating a gallery, you can switch between templates in the Template Browser control panel (to the left of the live preview window).
I hope this helps.

Reading sure helps.
I searched on Adobe help how to create a template and found it with delay. Only now I notice that You actually wrote the 'how-to' just here. I must have been still asleep in the morning when I noticed your reply.
It works a charme, thanks !

What I pity is that nowhere can I find that inserting a <BR> in the caption will actually create a new line in the caption.
Took me probably half an hour to find that.

Great support from You, thanks again !

It works a charme, thanks !

You're welcome! I'm glad you've got it working. Thank you for letting me know.

What I pity is that nowhere can I find that inserting a <BR> in the caption will actually create a new line in the caption.

As you have discovered, you can add HTML formatting (such as <br> line breaks) to image titles and captions.
This is noted in this FAQ (although a line break is not part of the example):
How do I add HTML formatting to image captions and titles?