1 (edited by peterC 2015-05-31 15:07:26)

Topic: Firefox hangs when opening gallery

I have found that when I visit one of my galleries using Firefox 38 the PC will freeze for about 15 to 20 seconds. This only happens on the first visit of a session. There doesn't seem to be a problem with Chrome.

Clearly this isn't something that I want happening to visitors.

Some time on Google suggests that this is a javascript or jquery issue but with the way the juicebox.js file is condensed it is pretty well impossible try and trace the issue even if my js skills were up to it.

Any workarounds or have I got something silly set in Firefox? OS is Win 7 Home Edition.

EDIT
I have replicated the problem using the Juicebox demo
/EDIT

Re: Firefox hangs when opening gallery

I use Firefox 38.0.1 on my own PC and I've not had the browser or computer freeze for 15 to 20 seconds whilst loading a page containing a Juicebox gallery (even with a completely cleared cache) so the problem might be unique to your own Firefox browser.
Try temporarily disabling any extensions and plugins that you may have installed in your Firefox browser (via 'Tools -> Add-ons') and then re-enable them, one by one, to see if you can find the source of the problem.
You might also like to try refreshing Firefox by following the instructions here to see if this helps: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re … d-settings

Whatever the problem was it seems to have gone away with FF 40.

As far as I can make out it was a combination of Jquery, FF38 and a.n.other factor that I never did crack.

Thanks for the update.
Always happy to hear that a problem no longer exists!