1 (edited by Sake 2015-09-02 11:55:04)

Topic: Upgrading Galleries [SOLVED]

Hi there.

I just found out there is a new version of JuiceBox Pro (1.4.4.1) and I installed it. (I was not informed by a newsletter although I opted in for that...). I read somewhere that one can upgrade existing galleries. My question is: is it worth the work to do that, and if so, what would be the best way for me to do that?

I build my galleries using the Lightroom-PlugIn. I then upload and import them in my site using ShowKase.

Somewhere I read I could replace the jbcore-folder in the gallery-folder. So, if I have 50 galleries, I should do that 50 times? Or is there an easier way to do the trick?

And something else I didn't find out just yet: how do I upgrade ShowKase to the latest JuiceBoxPro? On the ShowKaseSite it says that ShowKase is upgraded to  JuiceBox1.4.3.2, which suggests it won't work with 1.4.4.1... Would it be possible to import galleries build with the 1.4.4.1-Lightroom-plugin? Or should I downgrade my JuiceBox back untill ShowKase is fixed???

Greetings,     Sake

Re: Upgrading Galleries [SOLVED]

I was not informed by a newsletter although I opted in for that...

We do not always send out a newsletter for each new release but we do announce new versions with a Tweet.
Follow us on Twitter and you'll be notified of new releases: https://twitter.com/juiceboxgallery
Otherwise, keep an eye on the Version History page which is updated when a new version is released.

I build my galleries using the Lightroom-PlugIn. I then upload and import them in my site using ShowKase.

If you have imported your galleries into Showkase, then you can upgrade all your Juicebox-Pro galleries at once by following the instructions here.

Somewhere I read I could replace the jbcore-folder in the gallery-folder. So, if I have 50 galleries, I should do that 50 times? Or is there an easier way to do the trick?

If you do not use Showkase and have multiple galleries on your web site, you can have all your galleries share a single 'jbcore' folder. You can then upgrade all your galleries at once by replacing this single instance of the 'jbcore' folder on your web server.
Please see here for details.

how do I upgrade ShowKase to the latest JuiceBoxPro?

Just follow the instructions here. After you have republished your site in Step #5, all Juicebox-Pro galleries within your Showkase site will be the version of Juicebox-Pro you upgraded to.

On the ShowKaseSite it says that ShowKase is upgraded to  JuiceBox1.4.3.2, which suggests it won't work with 1.4.4.1...

The current version of Showkase (v1.3.6) will work fine if you upgrade it to Juicebox-Pro v1.4.4.1.

Would it be possible to import galleries build with the 1.4.4.1-Lightroom-plugin?

You can certainly import Juicebox-Pro galleries created by the Lightroom plugin.
Please note that no matter what version of Juicebox-Pro the galleries are that you import, after importing, they will become the version that Showkase uses (so just upgrade Showkase to use Juicebox-Pro v1.4.4.1 and all the Juicebox-Pro galleries within your Showkase site will use this version).

Clear!

ThanXaGain Steven, for your quick response

You're welcome!

Sake wrote:

...snip...

...snip...

Sake, if you're interested, and have access to your server, and are not uncomfortable messing with python, you could read how I accomplish this, with a link to the source code. See my post from a few years ago, here:

http://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=147

I use this after every release. I now have about 80 galleries, and this updates all of them in a few seconds.

Cheers,

Bill P.