Topic: More options within Lightroom?!

Hi,

I really liked the idea of having iOS-compatible galleries so I purchased Juicebox Pro. :)

I organize and edit all of my photos with Lightroom (plus some NIK Software plugins). Installation of Juicebox Pro worked well but apparently I haven't paid enough attention before buying it as I noticed that the Pro-features are only accessible through Juicebox Builder Pro and not through Lightroom.

From a workflow perspective I feel this is very annoying as I have to switch applications and in the worst case need to edit .xml-files (which I know how to do although I don't understand much of what's in it).

So I added my website (or the target folders) as a drive accessible through Windows Explorer (I'm using NetDrive so the FTP now has a drive letter). However even with a speedy internet connection this is no option (especially uploading).

Are there any plans to add more functionality within the Lightroom Juicebox engine?! I have a couple of other 3rd Party plugins that do offer enhanced features so therefore I assume from a technical point of view it is possible. Isn't it?!

Re: More options within Lightroom?!

Are there any plans to add more functionality within the Lightroom Juicebox engine?! I have a couple of other 3rd Party plugins that do offer enhanced features so therefore I assume from a technical point of view it is possible. Isn't it?!

As far as I am aware, there are no immediate plans to incorporate Juicebox-Pro options into the interface of the Lightroom plugin, though it is technically possible and may be considered some time in the future.

If there is a certain combination of Pro Options that you use for all of your galleries, you could edit the plugin's 'juicebox.lrwebengine/config.xml' file and add the Pro Options as attributes to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag so that each time you create a gallery with the plugin, these Pro Options are used and included in the generated gallery's XML file. This may save you from having to edit XML files after you create each gallery.

Re: More options within Lightroom?!

Thx for the quick feedback.

Too bad there are no (immediate) plans as I have a hard time to believe that I am the only user who'd like to edit their galleries within Lightroom. Please keep in mind that many, many users have no clue about .xml, html, css and whatnot and they want things to be easy. Imho this is one of the reasons why Lightroom is so successful. It's easy to handle and the results are great.

Having said that editing the config.xml within LR might be an option to make things easier.