1 (edited by Mike_S 2014-06-12 01:48:36)

Topic: Caption paste issue with 6.11.14 AIR update

When pasting captions from PhotoMechanic 5 into JuiceBoxPro, I'm getting a  "double paste" since updating Adobe AIR earlier today. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Re: Caption paste issue with 6.11.14 AIR update

I have just updated Adobe AIR to the current version myself (v14.0) but cannot replicate the problem you describe in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro v1.4.1 (pasting information from any source by right-click 'Paste' or Ctrl+V).

What happens when you paste into a different text field in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (such as the Gallery Title) or a different application (such as a plain text editor)?

Does anything different happen when you paste via mouse (right-click 'Paste') vs keyboard (Ctrl+V)?

Also, where are you copying the caption text from? Is it a metadata field (EXIF or IPTC) embedded in your image?
If so, please check that the data is not actually duplicated in the source.

If you continue to experience difficulties, perhaps you could upload one of your images that produces this problem (and provide a download link) and let me know what metadata field you use so that I can investigate further.

I'll do as you prescribe, and will post back. Thanks for the prompt response.

Mike

Okay, I've checked my IPTC/EXIF fields and I cannot see duplication in those sources.

When I paste captions from the keyboard (Command-V) into any JB-Builder-Pro field, my pasting issue recurs (copying captions from Photo Mechanic 5 as well as Adobe Bridge and pasting into JB-Builder-Pro 1.4.1).

When I paste into another application (Text Edit)  from the keyboard, my pasting issue does not occur. I've copied/pasted into this very message without issue.

Interestingly enough, when pasting into JB-Builder-Pro using the mouse/contextual menu, the issue does not occur.

I'm working on an iMac running 10.9.3, by the way.

Thoughts?

Mike

Thank you for the additional information.
It certainly sounds like it has nothing to do with Photo Mechanic.

Here's what we know so far:

• The text being pasted is not already in duplicate.

• The problem occurs only in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (and not other applications such as text editors).

• The problem occurs only when pasting via the keyboard (Command+V) and not via the mouse context menu.

• The problem is known to occur only on Mac (I cannot replicate it on PC).

It certainly sounds like an Adobe AIR/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro/Mac problem.

This may sound strange but, out of interest, when you hold down the Command key and then the V key, what happens if you release the Command key first (and what happens when you release the V key first)?

Also, do you have a different keyboard that you could plug in and test?
It is unlikely to make a difference but it is just about the only other variable in the equation which we have not yet tested and if it is possible to test, I guess we should. Thanks.

When you hold down the Command key and then the V key, what happens if you release the Command key first
The double paste issue appears.
What happens when you release the V key first
The lower case character 'v' appears in the field.

This happens regardless of which Command Key, left or right, I use.

I don't have a spare keyboard lying around, but I do have a laptop configured the same way (Platform, OS version) my desktop computer is. What I can do is clone the laptop, then update AIR, copy the JBP xml.preset I'm using to the laptop, create a new gallery and see if the issue recurs. I can then boot from the clone, try it again, and see what happens. I'll post back later today and share my results.

Lastly, the 'paste by contextual menu' is an easy work around for me. I suspect some folks might even argue it's a better way to work. It's just a matter of altering my workflow a tad.

Thanks again for your help, Steven.

Okay, I cloned my drive and set that aside then opened JBBuilder-Pro. A prompt to update AIR appeared so I went ahead and updated the software.

After restarting JB, I loaded in three random jpegs from my desktop and copied then pasted text into the caption field using the Command-V keystroke. The double paste issue occurred. Pasting using the contextual menu, the double paste issue did not occur (identical behavior as my desktop machine)

I then rebooted using the cloned drive as the start-up (using AIR ver. 13.0.XXX), fired up JB Pro, dropped three random jpegs into the image uploader, copied and pasted text into the caption field. The double paste issue did not recur.

Again, I'm working on either an iMac or MacBook Pro running Mavericks (10.9.3), JuiceBoxBuilder-Pro 1.4.1, and using AIR 14 and the Command-V double paste occurs. My double paste issue does not occur when running the same configuration,with the exception being I'm using AIR ver. 13.0.xxx.

Mike

Thank you for reporting the problem and for all your investigative work.
I have notified the developers of this and they will investigate further.
At least we know that you can use the mouse context menu as a suitable workaround.

It looks like there is, indeed, a problem with pasting via keyboard in Adobe AIR v14.0. Please see these links for further details:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1495749
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?eve … id=3775354

In the meantime, workarounds would be to either:
(1) Paste the text via mouse context menu.
(2) Type the text into the input field.
(3) Paste the text via keyboard and manually delete the duplicate entry.
(4) Revert to a previous version of Adobe AIR (not necessary if using #1, #2 or #3 above). Previous versions of Adobe AIR can be downloaded from this web page.