Re: Feature Requests

I would like to play small webmovies in Juicebox

I understand your request but thought that I should point out that Juicebox currently supports and displays animated GIFs so perhaps you could use this to your advantage.

I am more thinking like playback YouTube movies, a nice HTML5 video player

Can you get a workaround or a fix for the playAudioOnLoad: true  for IOS please.

delete multiple images

i regularly empty a gallery and fill it up with new images or delete a few images out of one gallery. i can only delete it one at a time, which is pretty anoying.
i can select multiple images at the Images stage of the builder, but as soon as i select more than one the X-button for deleting disappears.

@georg_m

After selecting multiple images on the 'Images' tab (by using Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click), go to 'Images -> Delete' from the drop-down menu at the top (or press 'Ctrl+D') to delete the selection.

i would love to have the option of creating slideshows specifically for android / ipad ( tablet + large phone market ) but with the crossfade transition option and not just the slide in/out + audio. It would be a slideshow and not necessarily gallery oriented . No need for swipe gesture or thumbnails .
Ideally it would be both with an option button on which way you would like to view the gallery or slideshow . Filling the tablet / large phone screen would make this the ultimate weapon for working photographers .
mike

The social features are great! Any chance to add LinkedIn? Every business person I know is on it, as opposed to G+.

I would love to have option of seeing nerby images (so that i could see parts of previous and next picture) and to set gaps between images. So that juicebox would look like the autoviewer gallery.

Would you mind to add this function to the script? Of course if it possible and you have nothing against :)
I love autoviewer but can't find anything similar built on java/jquery :(

Can I have the thumbnails show and scroll vertically alongside the main image?

Paul

My wish list is simple but maybe a little ambitious.. video/mp4 support

thanks

Juicebox 1.4 is even greater, but

1. I don't get a Back button on iPhone 5, making getting out of a Gallery convoluted
2. I don't get Autoplay options on iPhone 5 or iPad Air (OK on desktop)
3. On iPhone 5 Safari, a tap at the bottom of the screen doesn't bring up navigation controls

Are these user ignorance, or possible feature requests?

http://www.brianwatsonphoto.co.uk/Africa/

I've found one of my answers, minimal_ui. That answers one question...

Is it possible to use minimal_ui yet still have a Back button?

For those who like me were unfamiliar with the new 'minimal_ui', just tap at the very TOP of the screen to get Apple's usual BOTTOM of the screen navigation controls. This does make better use of screen real estate, but how will the average user discover the trick?

If you really don't like it, comment out or delete this in index.html:

<meta name="viewport" content="minimal-ui">

Intuitive? Human Interface Guidelines? Neither!

Still working on why I get Autoplay on Mavericks but not iOS 7. Is it deliberate?

http://www.brianwatsonphoto.co.uk/Africa/

@kilooloogung

1. I don't get a Back button on iPhone 5, making getting out of a Gallery convoluted

Your gallery currently sets showSmallBackButton="FALSE". Set showSmallBackButton="TRUE" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Back Button' section) to display the Back Button in Small Screen Mode.

2. I don't get Autoplay options on iPhone 5 or iPad Air (OK on desktop)

Your gallery AutoPlays on load when I view it on an iPod Touch 4 (I do not have an iPhone 5 to test) and the AutoPlay Button is displayed in the Button Bar and functions fine. (Tested in both Mobile Safari and Chrome .)
Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your gallery to see if this helps.

Fixed! Excellent! Many thanks.

Regards,

Brian

Pinching would be great.  I've noticed many users thinking they can "zoom" in on a photo.  While obviously the resolution would need to be greater along with the file size, people like to explore the details in photos.

Consider adding an option to switch gallery view to a list of images (like f.e. Mashable). The point is people like scrolling better and sometimes it makes more sense – f.e. when you are telling a story through a photo gallery. It might be possible to hack it by hidding the gallery through js and displaying the noscript version but offcial support would be super nice.

It seems that to change images we have to delete iti one by one. The delete button is disabled on my mac...

It would be nice to have the ability to delete many images in one click instead of deleting them one by one.

Thank you  :)

@Tiphaine

On JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Images' tab, you can select multiple images (using Ctrl+Click and/or Shift+Click) and then delete the selection using the 'Images -> Delete' option from the drop-down menu at the top (Ctrl+D).

246 (edited by Blumzue 2014-05-28 07:50:07)

I could really use an email icon in the button bar to which I could link an email address.

(Update: Since writing the above I've read a couple of posts here on this subject. Of course, I look forward to your update, but I'd be happy to use the "open image" function to create the mailto in the meantime. Can you tell me where I could find an email icon that fits your design scheme?)

@Blumzue

If you follow the steps in the Using Custom Icons support section, you should find a suitable email icon in the 'IcoMoon - Free' library (there is an 'envelope' icon) which you can use to replace the 'Open Image' icon.

Thanks, Steven. I'll try that.

I really like Juicebox and would like even more to purchase Pro but the one main missing feature for me is more transitions.  I have been testing everything from HTML5 Slideshow Maker to Hi Slider to Juicebox trying to find HTML5 slideshow creation software that does everything I want it to do.

I could live without the rest of the features but I figure it can't hurt to mention them anyway:

Way more transitions - I want everything from basic fades to phenomenal 3d effects to pick from. (This one is a deal breaker for me and is what kept me from going Pro)

Multiple rows of thumbnails - I want to publish hundreds of photos to the gallery, a single row does not make the size of the gallery discoverable for end users

A grid option - I would really like to be able to display the entire gallery as an HTM5 grid with the slideshow at the top of the page. Any pictures clicked in the grid would display the picture in the slideshow and start playing the slideshow from that point in the grid.

Tags - I have seen some galleries that let you click a tag that will then display only the photos in the gallery that have that tag. Example - gallery contains pictures of horses, dogs, cats). At the top of the slideshow would be 4 tags (All,Horses,Dogs,Cats). Clicking a tag would then filter the slideshow (and grid) to only show the images with that tag.

Gallery Themes - I have tested some software that has some out of the box themes that lets you quickly make an attractive gallery. All of the shadowing, navigation buttons, etc are already created and optimized for you.  It is possible this is already a Pro feature, to date I have only tested Lite.

@jtmpusr

Thank you for your suggestions.
Here are some notes on a few of your topics.

Multiple rows of thumbnails

With Juicebox-Pro, you can have multiple rows of thumbnails by increasing maxThumbRows from its default value of 1.
For reference, a list of all available thumbnail configuration options can be found here.

Tags

You could source your gallery using a Flickr account and tag your images in Flickr.
Each link in your web page could use JavaScript to set the Juicebox configuration option flickrTags in the gallery's embedding code accordingly and then reload the gallery using the selected tag or tags.

Gallery Themes

JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (which comes with Juicebox-Pro) has a number of preconfigured gallery layouts known as presets which you can choose from. Many of the presets available will allow you to instantly configure your gallery to look like the demo galleries on this web page. For more information about presets, please see the JuiceboxBuilder User Guide.