Topic: multiple galleries using the same index and config files ?

i have been reading the excellent user guides on multiple galleries and embedding etc.

i want to create a photo album site, which will have many text links or thumbnails to each album, ALL on the sites front (index) page, is it possible to have all these albums taking there set up details ALL from the same solitary JB Index.html and JB config.xml as this would be easier/quicker to create and set up ALL the multiple albums ?

tim

Re: multiple galleries using the same index and config files ?

ah, i have since thought, that possibly what i am trying to accomplish is better done and possible using Jalbum using the JuiceBox Skin !!!!!

Can someone confirm please.

thanks.

tim

Am i correct in thinking, that when using my very own Web Space, to publish my Flickr based Image Galleries using Jalbum, that Jalbum will not cause any problems to my Juicebox galleries that up to now i know perform excellently on an iPhone :)

tim

is it possible to have all these albums taking there set up details ALL from the same solitary JB Index.html and JB config.xml

No. Each gallery must have its own embedding code and XML file.
However, these text files are relatively small, do not take up much room on a web server, do not take long for browsers to parse and are created automatically in programs such as JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

ah, i have since thought, that possibly what i am trying to accomplish is better done and possible using Jalbum using the JuiceBox Skin !!!!!

The Juicebox Skin will create a gallery for each folder in your input structure and will link together all the galleries via a navigation tree in a side menu (rather than having a front page with links to all the galleries). Rather than flipping back and forth between the 'links page' and the galleries, the tree is still visible after selecting a gallery and the user can select another gallery without returning to the 'links page'. When viewing any gallery, the viewer can temporarily hid the navigation tree (to allow more room for the gallery to be displayed) by clicking the 'Expand Button'.

Am i correct in thinking, that when using my very own Web Space, to publish my Flickr based Image Galleries using Jalbum, that Jalbum will not cause any problems to my Juicebox galleries that up to now i know perform excellently on an iPhone :)

It is not possible to automatically create Flickr-based galleries using the Juicebox Skin for jAlbum. Manual editing of the album files would be required.

Am i correct in thinking ... that Jalbum will not cause any problems to my Juicebox galleries

... as long as you do not overwrite any existing galleries by uploading albums or galleries to the wrong locations.

thank you steven, i couldn't ask for more, another excellent informative reply, three cheers for steven :)

tim