Topic: Gallery not pulling all tagged images.

Hi there,

First off - great gallery, will be using pro-version in the future for future clients.

I've put a gallery up for a friend of mine and she has her images on Flickr sorted into tags: 'latest' 'gallery' and 'exhibition'

I then have galleries in the corresponding pages of her site which pull those tagged images into a gallery.

On the latest page: http://www.sandrabinney.com/latest.html

It hasn't pulled some of the images on Flickr with the latest tag, for example this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/113190118@ … bto-iQxYCE

It was uploaded about a week ago so it should be showing in search results but even the Juicebox app isn't pulling them through.

Any ideas?

Does it matter if they're in sets / photostreams?

Many thanks,

Elliott

Re: Gallery not pulling all tagged images.

Does it matter if they're in sets / photostreams?

This should not matter as long as you are not displaying an individual Flickr Set via the flickrSetId configuration option (which will display all images in the set regardless of tags).

Juicebox uses the Flickr API to fetch images from Flickr's servers.
It simply requests the images from Flickr and displays the images returned.
If you have tagged images that are not being displayed, then the problem is likely to be with Flickr.
If Juicebox requests all images tagged with the term 'latest' but Flickr does not return all the images you expect, then there is, unfortunately, little that Juicebox itself can do.

Try entering your Flickr settings into Flickr's own API Explorer to see how many (if any) images are returned. (You will need to use the Flickr User Id instead of the Flickr User Name for this.)

Also, please also see this Flickr FAQ for a few suggestions which may help:
Why aren't my photos appearing in searches or groups?

Other things to try:
(1) Try removing and then re-adding the tags to your images.
(2) Make sure that all your tagged images are public (and not private).

If you continue to experience difficulties, perhaps you could ask Flickr why some of your tagged images are not appearing in API search results.