Topic: Toolbar

Hi, I have your Product SimpleViewer Pro and have use it for quite a long time now and I like it very much. So now I wanted to try another of your Products, Juicebox Lite, and downloaded it trial at first before I ev buy it. But, with that download came a program I hate, ASK-toolbar, and without asking me, when I installed it, I suddenly hade it on my first internet page!!! I Went almost crazy! Now you must tell me why this happened and how will I take it away!! I will not buy any new program from you if this is what happends all the time!!!

Re: Toolbar

Juicebox-Lite should be downloaded from our own web site using the download link on this web page: http://www.juicebox.net/download/
This will ensure that your copy of Juicebox-Lite is up-to-date and clean.

We do not bundle (and have never bundled) the ASK Toolbar or any other third-party software with Juicebox-Lite.

The ASK toolbar may have come from a different program (did you install any other software on the day that you installed JuiceboxBuilder-Lite?) or you may have downloaded Juicebox-Lite from a different source.
Where did you download Juicebox-Lite from?

(Incidentally, the ASK Toolbar should have an uninstall entry in the 'Control Panel -> Uninstall a program' section.)

Hi, I dowloaded it from your website and didn´t install any other program this day, yesterday. We have tried to find it  in the 'Control Panel -> Uninstall a program' section, but it doesn´t show there!! What do you suggest me to do? Uninstall your program and download it again or what?

I do not know where your ASK Toolbar came from but it did not come from the Juicebox-Lite download zip package from the link on our own download page.

If you would like to check the integrity of the file you downloaded, the Juicebox-Lite v1.3.3 file should have the following properies:

Filename: juicebox_lite_1.3.3.zip
Filesize: 1,721,498 bytes
SHA1: 4cfdd4d1d525f6982f5c20b1e40210788eda17ff

You can check the SHA1 hash of your file using a program such as HashCalc.

If your file does not match the information above, try downloading it using a different browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Opera). Perhaps your browser has been hijacked and your web browsing has been compromised. Please see this web page for further details.

Please note that uninstalling and then reinstalling JuicboxBuilder-Lite will not remove the ASK Toolbar as JuicboxBuilder-Lite has nothing to do with the ASK Toolbar.
Try a web search with terms such as 'remove ask toolbar' or 'uninstall ask toolbar'. There are many web sites with instructions on how to do this.

Hello again. Now I got an probbible explenation to that toolbar. Someone said that if you update your Java that will come with it and I probbebly did just that some days ago but had forgotten it. I´m sorry that I blamed you and your program but that was what I did reicently. Now I´m moore confident to use your program again. Thanks! :-)

No problem.

A quick tip...
The next time you update your Java installation, download it manually from the Java developer's website (choose JRE - Java Runtime Environment) rather than from java.com. The downloads from this area are not bundled with any additional third-party software.

Thanks very much, I will do so in the future. The problem is that I can´t change the homepage for the moment. Will that disapear next time if I go that website?

I also wonder why it´s not possible to see the gallery emediatly without upload it to my website and THEN see if it is allright. It´s not so workable.

The problem is that I can´t change the homepage for the moment. Will that disapear next time if I go that website?

There is no need to change your browser's homepage.
Just go to that web address (copy and paste it into your browser's address bar when you need to) to go to the Java download page.

I also wonder why it´s not possible to see the gallery emediatly without upload it to my website and THEN see if it is allright. It´s not so workable.

Certain browsers (IE11, Chrome and Opera) have security restrictions which prevent the loading of XML files (like the one used by Juicebox to store the configuration options and image data) locally. There is nothing that can be done to circumvent this behavior.
Please see these FAQs:
When I view my gallery locally in Google Chrome, I see the message "Juicebox does not display locally in Google Chrome". Why?
When I view my gallery locally in Opera, I see the message "Juicebox does not display locally in Opera". Why?

If you want to view your gallery on your own computer before uploading it to your website, please preview it in either Firefox or Safari.