1 (edited by timmy toad 2012-06-11 22:25:04)

Topic: solved ;) how to let Jalbum know i have Juicebox Pro Skin ? please

Hi, below you see some text i found at the Jalbum web site.

I have  installed and have a license for the latest version of Jalbum
I have also installed JuiceBox Pro

Until i do what it says below, Jalbum won't know i have the JuiceboxPro skin

Needless to say i don't understand AT ALL what the text below is trying to tell me !!.

I have an Apple Mac BookPro i am able to get full access to the Applications folder AND the LIBRARY where i usualy find the files of installed Applications, but i am obviously not looking in the correct place for the folders referred to below

Pro Version
=========

A Pro version of the Juicebox is available for purchase from 'http://www.juicebox.net/' and can be integrated into the skin in order to support advanced customization options, remove the branding and remove the image limit.

To integrate the Pro version of Juicebox into the skin, replace the Lite version 'jbcore' folder in the skin's folder ('Juicebox/res/juicebox/jbcore/') with the Pro version 'jbcore' folder from the Juicebox-Pro download package ('juicebox_pro_1.0.2/web/jbcore/').

Once this has been done, Pro Options can be entered into the skin settings 'Pro Options' text area in the form:

optionName1=optionValue1
optionName2=optionValue2

tim

Re: solved ;) how to let Jalbum know i have Juicebox Pro Skin ? please

OK then , i have just used the pretty good search facilities of my Mac and i found the folders mentioned above BUT they are in the Downloads folder where i downloaded them to NOT where Jalbum wants them

i dont understand this at all, sorry to be so dim

tim

The 'jbcore' folder to replace can be found by selecting the Juicebox skin and then going to 'Tools -> Skin Directories -> Open skin directory' from jAlbum's drop-down menu at the top. Now that you are inside the skin directory, go to 'res/juicebox/'. (I've now added this information to the instructions on the jAlbum Juicebox skin download page.)

The Pro 'jbcore' folder you should use to replace the Lite 'jbcore' folder in the skin directory can be found by unzipping the Juicebox-Pro download package and going to 'juicebox_pro_1.0.2/web/'.

4 (edited by timmy toad 2012-06-11 10:36:39)

Thanks :) Steven you have done it again, my word you are a big help to me, i do  hope i don't have to keep bothering you like this. It was a lot easier IMHO following your instructions that the instructions given by Jalbum.

Finally :- How can i confirm that i have carried out my task successfully, is there a way of checking the version number or similar ?
FOR EXAMPLE i still only have the default style available from the drop down box.

i suppose i also have to ask where do i find this form ? and where do i find the names and values ?:-

Once this has been done, Pro Options can be entered into the skin settings 'Pro Options' text area in the form:
optionName1=optionValue1
optionName2=optionValue2

tim

It was a lot easier IMHO following your instructions that the instructions given by Jalbum.

I have now added instructions on how to open the skin directory in the jAlbum instructions.

How can i confirm that i have carried out my task successfully, is there a way of checking the version number or similar ?

Create a test gallery and check to see if the Juicebox badge/link in the bottom-right corner of the gallery is present.
It is always present in a Jucebox-Lite gallery but never present in a Juicebox-Pro gallery.

FOR EXAMPLE i still only have the default style available from the drop down box.

This is a jAlbum setting (not a Juicebox setting) which skin developers can choose to use if they wish. It is not relevant to Juicebox, hence there is only one available setting. Perhaps when Juicebox supports more themes in the future (other than the current 'classic' theme), the jAlbum 'Style' combobox could be used to select the theme.

i suppose i also have to ask where do i find this form ?

Click the leopard-skin icon to open the Juicebox skin settings tab (or select 'Album -> Settings -> Juicebox' from jAlbum's drop-down menu at the top). Now select 'Juicebox' to find the 'Pro Options' text area.

and where do i find the names and values ?

Names and values of all Juicebox configuration options can be found on this page.