Topic: Checking/unchecking Resize Images deletes images

Using 133 with Lightroom 5.2 on Win8.2.

I was having a problem with small image sizes displaying on my site, so I set the images size in LR5.2 to produce 1500px images on export of the JB gallery to a local folder. All good so far. Using JBB-Pro I customised the gallery and noticed that in the "Images" section the 'Resize Images' check box was set and the 'Max Image Size' was set to 1024x768. I didn't want to resize the images so I unchecked it.

JBB displayed a dialogue that it was 'Processing Images ...', but watching the JB Gallery 'images' folder in Explorer nothing changed. So far, so good.

Click Publish, and all images in the JB gallery 'images' folder are deleted bar one.

Its not immediately obvious, I just happened to have Explorer running in another window with focus on that folder when it happened. I can reproduce it.

If the JB gallery is FTP'd to the live site it will load the thumbs but no source images. The pre-loader will display and just spin around awhile. Clicking the thumbs results in nothing.

Re: Checking/unchecking Resize Images deletes images

I have not been able to reproduce this problem.
Perhaps having Windows Explorer open with the focus on the gallery's 'images' folder has somehow restricted JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's access to the folder, resulting in the application not being able to write the newly resized images to the folder. (However, this does not explain why the images were deleted but not replaced.)
Try saving your gallery with Windows Explorer closed to see if this makes a difference.

I can reproduce it.

Please post a list of steps that I can use to try to reproduce this problem myself.
Thank you.

Hi Steven,

I've been unsuccessful in trying to reproduce this issue today. I've tried creating a fresh gallery from JBB-Pro, all works fine and also a fresh LR5.2 gallery, then editing it with JBB-Pro, all works fine. I had saved a custom preset so I applied that in one test, expecting perhaps the issue to be shown there, but no.

I'll keep an eye on it as I'm creating new galleries during this next week.

Regards,

Brian

OK. Thanks for posting back to let me know.