Topic: Social Share not working for Facebook on mobile.

Hi,

I have a gallery drawing randomised Flickr images embedded on two pages on my site.  One on the desktop site and another on the mobile site.  The social sharing buttons work fine on the desktop version, correctly referencing the image as contained within the local gallery and posting the correct thumbnail with the exception of Google+ which references the Flickr gallery, not the local one.  (Is there any way to change this?)

On the mobile site however, the Facebook share doesn't work at all.  While all the other buttons do (Google+ still referencing Flickr of course, not the local gallery) they point through the browser to the mobile sites of the social networks instead of through the native app.  This seems pretty cumbersome to me and I'd like to know how to change it.

I've tested on iPhone and Android with the same results.

http://distinctivephotography.com.au/portfolio.php

http://distinctivephotography.com.au/mo … /index.php

Re: Social Share not working for Facebook on mobile.

The social sharing buttons work fine on the desktop version, correctly referencing the image as contained within the local gallery and posting the correct thumbnail with the exception of Google+ which references the Flickr gallery, not the local one.  (Is there any way to change this?)

This cannot be changed and is due to a limitation of the Google+ Share Link which supports only a single URL. Please see this forum post for further details.

On the mobile site however, the Facebook share doesn't work at all.

Thank you for reporting. I have logged this as a bug report.

While all the other buttons do (Google+ still referencing Flickr of course, not the local gallery) they point through the browser to the mobile sites of the social networks instead of through the native app.  This seems pretty cumbersome to me and I'd like to know how to change it.

This cannot be changed as Juicebox does not support integration with Social Sharing Apps.
The shared links are simply web site URLs and, as such, are opened in the default web browser.

Thanks for the prompt reply Steven, hope you can iron out the bugs shortly.

FYI, Facebook has recently released a new "Share Dialog" geared for sharing using a native app.  It replaces the "Feed Dialog" that you guys appear to be using.

Have you looked into this?

Hi Steven,

Another thought in relation to your comment regarding the limitations of the Google + Share Link only referencing the URL.

Wouldn't configuring your script to add schema.org microdata tags to each image allow we users to at least customise the snippit info to match our branding. 

Just a thought...:-)

@Joel

According to this web page, it sounds like the Share Dialog may be available only from within other Apps (rather than web pages).

Please post suggestions in the Feature Requests forum thread.
This keeps them all together and ensures that they are not overlooked. Thank you.