Topic: Picture quality looks terrible!

I've got everything working - the paths are all fine and the images are showing up, but they look terrible!  The thumbnails seem ok but the full size pictures are horribly pixelated.  I've tried changing the quality to 90 and even 99 but it still looks aweful.  The sizing is fine, and they are showing the right size image when they are listed in juicebox, but the output ends up totally off.  help!

Re: Picture quality looks terrible!

The default image resizing settings for JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (1024px x 768px, 80% quality) usually generate images of a quality suitable for web gallery use provided that the original images are not too small.

First of all, make sure that you are using the most recent version of JuiceboxBuidler-Pro (v1.2.0).
Please see the Upgrading Juicebox section of the support pages if necessary.
Also, make sure that the 'Max Image Size' dimensions are not set too low in the 'Image Size' control panel on the 'Images' tab.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and, if possible, please upload (and provide a download link for) one of your original images so that I can investigate further. Thank you.

I have it at 1024x768 with a 90% image quality.

Here is my gallery.  I have more to make but I want to get this working first.   I just bought it yesterday so its the newest version.
http://nwnailtechs.com/gallery.html

Steven wrote:

The default image resizing settings for JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (1024px x 768px, 80% quality) usually generate images of a quality suitable for web gallery use provided that the original images are not too small.

Steven, I've looked at http://www.juicebox.net/support/config_options/ , and I can't find any option that controls this. As this is the first I can remember seeing "80%," could you tell me whether quality is discussed somewhere?

Thanks,

Bill

its on the left when you are in the program under the area where you add the files.

luvnailz wrote:

its on the left when you are in the program under the area where you add the files.

Thanks, luvnailz. I didn't know about this because -- except for occasional experimentation -- I use the jAlbum front-end for JB Pro. In jAlbum, I have the quality set to 100% and a max image size of 1024x1024.

Thanks,

Bill

I'm using juicebox builder pro.  what is jalbum?  id love to get this working since paying for it :(

According to the config file here you have imageQuality set to "10%". Try re-publishing your gallery with a higher image quality setting. Please note image quality and thumbnail quality use different values.

Ah i do see that.I think i had tried to set it to 100 once.  When I republish it didnt change it.   i guess ill delete stuff and start over.

luvnailz wrote:

I'm using juicebox builder pro.  what is jalbum?  id love to get this working since paying for it :(

jAlbum is older web-phtoto-publishing software; see http://jalbum.net/en/ . It is a separately licensed product, and is intended primarily for stand-alone pages (as opposed to the optional "embedded" capability of the stand-alone Juicebox software). jAlbum also sells books and web-hosting, but I upload my pages to a different hosting service.

jAlbum uses "skins," i.e., layout templates. One of these, since the release of the stand-alone Juicebox, is a Juicebox skin; see http://jalbum.net/en/skins/skin/Juicebox .

I have been a user of jAlbum for a while, since it offers a lot of skins and the PC software is a reasonable web-photo-page management system; also, it provides an easy mechanism for testing out how your photo pages would look with a different skin (which all have their pluses and minuses, of course). If you license Juicebox Pro, you can use these Pro options to custom tailor the output of jAlbum's Juicebox skin; I've been doing that since the initial release of the skin, mostly because at that time Juicebox did not provide for the layout I was looking for, especially with respect to image shadowing.

I've seen it's not possible to set the image quality to 100, because there is only enough space for two numbers, so the maximum you can set is 99. Maybe it should be changed for the next version of Juicebox.