Topic: Juicebox local galleries not working on New MacBook OS 14.1.2 [SOLVED]

I have been using Juicebox Lite as a Lightroom Plug-In for years, very successfully, to make image Galleries that I can host to clients through AWS. 

Former MacBook Pro - 15" 2016
OS Upgrade Limited to Mac OS 12.7.1 (Monterey)
Safari 17.1

New MacBook Pro - 14" 2023 M2-Max
Running Mac OS 14.1.2 (Sonoma)
Safari 17.1.2

Old MacBook can open any of the Galleries I have stored locally on my internal SSD with no issue.

New MacBook CANNOT open the Galleries LOCALLY, and shows this alert:  JuiceBox Error: Config File Not Found. 

The same Galleries opened from the version stored on AWS opens fine on new MacBook, just an issue with opening them locally.

Seems like I'm missing a setting or something on the New MacBook.

Any ideas or suggestions to try?

Re: Juicebox local galleries not working on New MacBook OS 14.1.2 [SOLVED]

Please see this forum post which explains the problem and offers a workaround. It should hopefully help.
https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.ph … 486#p17486

Hello Steven,

I appreciate your rapid reply.

However, the important section....

Safari (11 or later):
Pull down the 'Safari' menu and choose 'Preferences'.
Click on the 'Advanced' tab.
Check the box next to 'Show Develop menu in menu bar'.
Close 'Preferences'. The 'Develop' menu will now be visible between Bookmarks and Window menus.
Pull down the 'Develop' menu and choose 'Disable Local File Restrictions'.

.... is out of date for a new Mac running OS 14 and new version of Safari.  Those menus and options as described above, are not there. 

Wondering if you could take a look on a newer system / Safari, and let me know if there is still a solution for this.

Sorry about that. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Try:
(1) Choose Safari > Settings
(2) Click Advanced
(3) Select "Show features for web developers."

There should then be a Developer pane in the settings from which you can select 'Security -> Disable local file restrictions'.

Incidentally, I don't currently have access to a Mac so I'm getting this information directly from Apple's own support pages:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/s … i20948/mac
https://developer.apple.com/documentati … r-settings

I hope this helps.
Please let me know how you get on.
If this information is correct, please let me know and I'll update our forum post and the corresponding FAQ on our website.
Thank you.

Steven,

Thank you.  YES, that is absolutely correct. 

I guess I'm a bit dense to not have "seen" that solution on my own. 

Anyway, attached below is a graphic explanation of what you laid out, if anyone else is having a similar issue after moving up to MacOS 14 Sonoma and / or Safari 17.1.2

Jess.

Post's attachments

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 8.13.21 AM.png 550.29 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Second part of graphic.

Post's attachments

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 8.26.01 AM.png 351.82 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I'm glad you've got it working.
Thank you for the confirmation that the instructions are correct. I'll update the forum and website ASAP.
Thanks also for the screenshots. I'll link to this thread from the Tricks and Tips thread so that users can find them.

Online instructions now updated:
Forum: https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.ph … 486#p17486
FAQ: https://www.juicebox.net/support/faq/#local

Great!

BTW:  I purchased a Pro license all the way back in 2016 (last time I updated my computer).  But, not sure if that license is still valid.  I found record of the purchase, but can't find a license code -- if there ever was one. 

How do I find that out to be able to re-download Juicebox Pro -- or let me know if I need to repurchase.

Thanks.

Jess Smith

There's no need for you to re-purchase. Check out this FAQ.

If you ever need a new download link (if you lose your purchase email or your link expires), just fill in the Download Link Request Form and we'll send you a new one.

I've found your original purchase in our transaction records and have already sent you a duplicate purchase email which includes a download link (download links always point towards the latest version rather than the version you purchased) so you don't need to fill in the form just now.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you!

Perfect. 

Got it!  Thanks.