Topic: Juicebox Nextgen Issue

I have a website https://www.seisc.co.uk/ which I have used nextgen for galleries and Juicebox to format, just found out all my juicebox id's have diappeared and also the nextgen images no longer seem to exist. Major problem as have 47 Photo Galleries on the site.  All galleries where for pre covid shows and guess nobody has been viewing old galleries for a while to let me know of issue.

Kevin Venables

Re: Juicebox Nextgen Issue

That's very strange indeed.

... juicebox id's have diappeared and also the nextgen images no longer seem to exist...

That sounds like two separate issues which may or may not be connected.
I see no reason why any of your Juicebox gallery shortcodes would just disappear (or, indeed, why your NextGEN Gallery images would disappear) unless something has happened on your web server and your web host has maybe had to reinstate your site from an old or incomplete backup.
Please check in with your web host to see if they have made any changes or have experienced any problems recently.
Even if they have not done anything themselves, it might be an idea to ask if they have a backup of your site that could be used to reinstate your galleries.

Could you please point me towards one of your Juicebox gallery pages so that I can inspect the code and investigate further?
Even though the gallery may not be working or displaying images, examining the page might hold a clue as to the nature of the problem.
Thank you.

... or have the galleries themselves completely disappeared from the Manage Galleries page? I don't see how this could happen without clicking the 'Delete All Data' button and clicking through the "Are you sure you want to delete all galleries, custom default values and options?" warning (or by manually deleting the contents of the 'wp-uploads/juicebox/' folder).

Have you updated the NextGEN Gallery plugin lately? Maybe they have changed something lately which has broken the interaction between WP-Juicebox and itself (although this might not explain missing images).
If so, try reverting to an older version of NextGEN Gallery, at least for testing purposes, to see if this resolves the issue.

There has been no change to the NextGEN Gallery integration code within WP-Juicebox for a while now (since v1.4.3.1, 10 releases ago) so upgrading WP-Juicebox should not make a difference in this regard.

Once I am able to see one of your Juicebox gallery pages on your web server, I should hopefully have a better idea of what might be causing your problem.
In the meantime, checking in with your web host to see if they have changed anything recently relating to your site might hold a clue, too.

Re: Juicebox Nextgen Issue

Incidentally, WP-Juicebox never deletes any images.
Image handling is performed by core WordPress functionality or by the NextGEN Gallery plugin, depending on the image source selected for the gallery.
Even if you were to delete a gallery (or click 'Delete All Data') on the 'Manage Galleries' page, the gallery images would remain in their original locations (e.g. the WordPress Media Library) on your web server. All deleting a gallery does is remove the gallery's XML configuration file from the 'wp-content/uploads/juicebox/' folder.

... also the nextgen images no longer seem to exist...

If your NextGEN images no longer exist, then I expect the problem is either with the NextGEN Galery plugin or your web server so these are the first two things I'd look into.

Please let me know how you get on. Thank you.