Topic: Cant install the program?!?!?

So I have just purchased the PRO version and when trying to install is I get this message pop up -

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

Not a happy bunny - any ideas what to do? I have already emailed them no response?!?

Re: Cant install the program?!?!?

Please see the Installation Issues section of the JuiceboxBuilder User Guide which has a note regarding this error message.
Hopefully this will help.

Done all of the suggestion and still nothing - same message and now ive used my five downloads so have nothing for my money!!!!!

Un happy!!!

If you have been able to extract the Juicebox-Pro zip package without any errors, then it is unlikely that the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.air' installation file is damaged or corrupt.

Ordinarily, none of the suggestions below should be necessary but, as you are experiencing difficulties, the list contains a fairly comprehensive list of things to check/try.

(1) Make sure that you are logged in with a User Account which has administrative rights. If necessary, create a new Administrator User Account and install Adobe AIR and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro from within this new account. (Windows).

(2) Make sure that you are using the latest version of Adobe AIR (v14.0) which can be downloaded from here.

(3) Install Adobe AIR not just by double-clicking the 'AdobeAirInstaller.exe' installation file but by right-clicking it and selecting 'Run as administrator...'. (Windows)

(4) Uninstall any existing version of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro:
Mac: Delete the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' file from the Applications folder and empty your Trash.
Windows: Use the uninstaller in the 'Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program...' list.

(5) Make sure that no files are left behind from any existing version (or failed install) by manually deleting the following folders from your hard drive:
Mac: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\My Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
You may need to Show hidden files to find some of the above locations in Windows Explorer.

(6) Search your hard drive for the term 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' and delete any and all entries found (to be absolutely sure that nothing remains from a previous or failed install).

(7) Ensure that the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.air' installation file is on your Desktop or in a non-restricted folder on your hard drive (and not on an external or network drive).

(8) Disconnect/unmount all drives other than the main hard drive (including time machine backups). (Mac)

(9) Ensure that any security software that you may have installed is not interfering with the installation process.

(10) Install JuiceboxBuilder-Pro following the 'Installation' instructions in the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro User Guide.

Hopefully the tips above will allow you to successfully install JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

ive used my five downloads

Please fill in this Download Link Request Form and we will send you a new download link so that you will be able to download the next version of Juicebox-Pro as soon as it released.

5 (edited by billparslow 2020-10-05 12:04:04)

HI - I am still getting this message after uninstalling / deleting all AdobeAir / JuiceBox files . It has arisen beause I did a new install of Windows 10 - now I can't install JuiceBox "The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

@billparslow

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble installing JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
Hopefully my notes below will help.

First of all, please let me reassure you that JuiceboxBuilder-Pro is fully compatible with Windows 10. (I am currently running JuiceboxBuilder-Pro v1.5.1 on Windows 10 Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 without any issues.)

If you are able to extract the 'juicebox_pro_1.5.1.zip' file without any errors, then it is unlikely that your 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.air' installation file is actually damaged.
However, if you would like to ensure that your JuiceboxBuilder-Pro installation file is not corrupt, then you can check that it has the following properties:

Name: JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.air (v1.5.1)
Filesize: 1,390,776 bytes
MD5: 1030cd51905c5e432f4d57a7bfa4e203
SHA1: 0790b8df79efaf6f0b89624884252fd07001149e

You can check the MD5 and SHA1 hashes of files with a free program such as HashCalc.

If you have already tried the full uninstall/reinstall procedure noted above, then further troubleshooting tips for JuiceboxBuilder can be found in this forum post.

The suggestions in the post which I think are most relevant to your problem (and which I'd certainly try myself) are #4 (regarding the location of the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro installation file), #8 (using an older version of Adobe AIR), #9 (regarding anti-virus programs) and #10 (regarding the system clock).

Additional Notes:

#8 Adobe Air

You might like to try using an older version of AIR. I would not normally recommend using older software but it may help in this instance.
A couple of users who have had trouble installing JuiceboxBuilder-Pro recently have had success doing this so it might be worth trying.

JuiceboxBuilder-Pro requires Adobe AIR v2.0 or later so you could try a version such as Adobe AIR v20.0.
Links to older versions of Adobe AIR can be found on Adobe's archive page here.
Here is a direct links to Adobe AIR v20.0 for Windows.

If this helps and allows you to install JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, then you should be able to upgrade AIR in-place afterwards (without needing to uninstall the existing version first).

#10 System Clock

Try setting your system clock back two years before attempting the install.
As unlikely as it sounds, it seems to have helped a couple of other users who have reported similar issues.
You can reset your clock to the correct time after the install.

I hope that these suggestions help you to successfully install JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
Please let me know how you get on and if I can be of any further assistance.

HI - thanks - setting the system clockback two years allowed me to install JuiceBox-Pro again.

That's a strange solution, for sure, but I'm glad that it worked for you. Thank you for letting me know.

Incidentally, I just reinstalled Windows 10 myself last week (a clean install) and did not have to adjust my system clock to install JuiceboxBuilder-Pro so I'm really not sure what the cause of the problem is.
In any case, I'm glad you've got it working.