1 (edited by petax 2020-06-06 13:26:09)

Topic: Can I use the uploaded image file name as a caption? [SOLVED]

Hi there,

I have searched hard in case this has been asked before, but I can't find anything.

I am using Kosel 1.7.5 theme. Showkase-Pro 1.7.5 | Build: 2020.03.30.10.11.28 |

I have literally thousands of original images for an artist and they are all named. I would very much like to have the file name as the caption, even if it winds up like this "My_great_painting.jpg" woudl be better than having to do it by hand, which seriously does not bare thinking about.

I am sure there must be a way of doing this, but I can't see it.

Your help would be extraordinarily useful - I hope there is a solution. I can get into files and edit them, although not a top coder, I can find my way around to make an edit here and there if required.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Re: Can I use the uploaded image file name as a caption? [SOLVED]

Yes, Showkase can automatically populate the image titles or captions with the image filename.

(1) Edit your gallery page (from the 'Pages' tab).
(2) Go to the 'Images' tab.
(3) Scroll down to the foot of foot of the page and select "Select all titles" (or "Select all captions").
(4) In the "Set selected to" box, enter {file}.
(5) Click the "Set" button (followed by "Save" and "Publish").

The image filenames (without the file extensions) will now be used as the image titles (or captions, depending on what you have selected).

For reference, the use of {file} (and other special {} codes which can be used) is noted in the 'Pages' subsection of the Showkase User Guide (scroll down to the 'Editing Individual Captions' section).

That is excellent, thank you very much indeed for your quick reply, much appreicated.

You're welcome! I'm glad it helped.