Topic: Juicebox & Lightroom 3 (V 3.3)

Hello,
Congratulations, Juicebox seems to be a very good application. Your explanations and comparisons between Simpleviewer and Juicebox are relevant and were helpful to me.
I usually used Simpleviewer Pro with Adobe Lightroom 3 (V3.3), running with Windows XP. Uneasy to install but when it works, it works well !
I'm very excited to try and then install Juicebox Pro (after trying Lite) but I want to be absolutely sure it runs correctly with Adobe Lightroom 3 (not 4 running only with Windows 7).
For now, it doesn't work. I installed Juicebox Lite in the right folder and LR 3 does recognize it. It stands in the list of "disposition style". But when I launch the web interface in LR and select Juicebox I get the following error message : "Juicebox Error : Config XML file not found".
Thanks a lot in advance for your explanations and your excellent (sure !) advice.
Best regards.

Re: Juicebox & Lightroom 3 (V 3.3)

Thank you for reporting. This is a known bug and a bug report has already been logged so hopefully it will be fixed in the next version.
However, it affects only the live preview window and does not affect the ability to actually create a Juicebox gallery (by changing the required options and then clicking the 'Export...' button).

Thanks Steven for your very quick response. I will wait for tne next version.
Best regards.
X.

The Juicebox Lightroom plugin bug manifesting itself in Lightroom 3 (whereby the live preview window does not work) cannot be resolved.
The Juicebox Lightroom plugin officially requires Lightroom 4. Please see this page for details.
However, you should still be able to create a Juicebox gallery using the plugin and Lightroom 3. Only the live preview window should be affected.

Hello Steven,
I am very disappointed. I do not see the point buying a plugin, whose live preview window shall never work with lightroom 3. I can not be forced to buy LR 4 + W7. It would be outrageous. It's really unfortunate because in my opinion SimpleViewer was already a very effective plugin and a great success. And Juicebox seems to offer very interesting features... This falls quite well : I never received the 30 % off coupon offered to SimpleViewer Pro existing users , despite several requests.
Kind regards.
Xavier.

I am sorry that you are disappointed that the live preview window in the Juicebox Lightroom plugin works only with Lightroom 4 and not 3. I understand your point of view, not wishing to pay to upgrade Lightroom.
However, going forward, it makes sense for us to have it working in Lightroom 4 and not 3 rather than in Lightroom 3 and not 4.
There are many other methods of creating a Juicebox-Pro gallery which you might like to consider. The only other method which has a live preview window is JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (which comes in the Juicebox-Pro download package).

I never received the 30 % off coupon offered to SimpleViewer Pro existing users , despite several requests.

I shall look into this for you.

I never received the 30 % off coupon offered to SimpleViewer Pro existing users , despite several requests.

Please check your Gmail address regarding this issue. Thank you.