1 (edited by DX2300 2020-01-04 15:49:23)

Topic: Design Ideas for Larger Gallery. [Still looking for ideas :) ]

Hi Steven,
Title says it all. Got any tricks and tips for larger galleries?

TIA
DX2300

Re: Design Ideas for Larger Gallery. [Still looking for ideas :) ]

Maybe other users would have some ideas... Feel free to chime in, Juicebox users!
Ultimately, everyone may have a different opinion but it would be nice to hear from some Juicebox users out there who already have large galleries.

One thing I would say though, is try to keep your galleries smaller rather than larger. No matter how you design your gallery's layout, visitors to your website may end up with click-fatigue (or lose patience with an AutoPlay gallery) if there are too many images in your gallery (although what constitutes as 'too many' is up for debate).
Maybe you could split up your gallery into a couple of smaller galleries. I try to keep my galleries small (under 100 images) if possible.

3 (edited by DX2300 2020-01-04 03:14:20)

Agreed with all you said about large galleries. The mitigating factor in this case is, it's kind of a story. Shortly, the reader has a vested interest to finish it and see what happens. The more they read, the more they would be giving up if they quit. :)

Collecting ideas for the requests thread,
DX2300

Collecting ideas for the requests thread,

I am not the author of Juicebox (so I really don't know which ideas might be considered for future versions) but I look forward to reading your suggestions nonetheless!