Topic: Image Reloading After Loading, in Small Mode (1.1.0)

In small mode (specifically my iPhone4), if I use either the navigation arrow or finger swipe after viewing an image - and do so quickly enough that this next image has not had time to load behind my back, while viewing the current image - then:

1) I get the spinning icon, as expected.
2) This next image is displayed, once it loads, as expected.
3) This same image is then RE-displayed (not as expected).

Notes:

- I have imagePreloading=NEXT in my galleries.
- This pertains to the just-released 1.1.0. I did not notice this behavior with earlier releases, but I can't swear that it wasn't there.

Bill

Re: Image Reloading After Loading, in Small Mode (1.1.0)

I'm not sure I follow you...

Say you are initially viewing image #1.
You click 'next' (for image #2) and then click 'next' again (for image #3) before image #2 has had a chance to be displayed.
You say you see the spinner and then image #3 (as expected). (Is that correct?)
I'm not sure what happens next.
When you say 'This same image' are you referring to image #2 or image #3 and at what point is it 'RE-displayed' (does it display, disappear and then reappear again)?
Are you able to post the URL to a gallery which exhibits this behavior? Thanks.

Sorry I wasn't too clear.

I'm viewing image #1, and quickly slide to image #2. Image #2 hasn't finished being pre-loaded, so the spinner appears for a bit, and then image #2 is displayed. However, right after image #2 is shown, it's as if image #2 refreshes itself, i.e., it disappears for a split second, and then reappears.

This is the case for every updated gallery (I overwrote 1.1.0's /jbcore/ 48 times on my host) I've played with on my iPhone4 today. Try http://www.billanddot.com/family-pics-photos/index.html . (They all work fine in Large mode on my PC.)

BTW, more realistically, substitute, some higher numbers for #1 and #2, so it's easier to "get ahead" of the pre-loading.

Bill

Thank you for the additional information.
I have now been able to replicate the problem and a bug report has been logged.

This problem seems to have been fixed in 1.2.0.

Bill

Yes. Many bugs were fixed in v1.2.0.
Please see the Juicebox - Version History for a full list of changes.