Topic: Filename & Thumbnails

Hello,

I have always used Adobe Bridge to create 'Web Galleries" and this is no longer supported.

I have attached an template which I have used for years... it works perfectly for me because it allows my client to select the images they require and simply give me the file number. SO... the key is them being easily able to give me a list of file names!

Also Bridge allowed me to create a web gallery from .CR2 raw files and TIFFs can this be done with Juicebox?

Many thanks in anticipation,
Peter

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 09.26.01.png 948.47 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Filename & Thumbnails

Also Bridge allowed me to create a web gallery from .CR2 raw files and TIFFs can this be done with Juicebox?

JuiceboxBuilder (the desktop application to create and edit Juicebox galleries) accepts only GIF, JPG/JPEG and PNG images. (When resizing images for a gallery, JuiceboxBuilder converts all images to JPEG format.)

Please see this FAQ:
Will Juicebox load things other than images?

Thanks for the reply Steven!
My quest is for a simple alternative to the HTML gallery previously possible in Bridge 2017 CC.
My other question is can Juicebox make a contact sheet style gallery WITH filenames.
Juicebox has been getting some favourable comments on the Bridge forums so I had hoped that it might be a possibility when Bridge 2017 finally stops working!

Unfortunately, Juicebox is unable to display text alongside thumbnails (like the contact sheet you quoted).
Juicebox can display a grid of thumbnails (by displaying the gallery in Small Screen Mode) but you would need to generate your own set of thumbnails with text embedded within them (and this would need to be done outside Juicebox in an imaging program such as Adobe Photoshop).

Each main image in the gallery can have a unique image title and caption.
When creating a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder, you can quickly and easily use the filename as the image title by selecting 'Images -> Titles -> Use File Name' from the drop-down menu at the top.
However, the images titles (and captions) are displayed only on the main image pages (and not on the thumbnail pages in Small Screen Mode).

Thanks Steven,
Clarification much appreciated!
Peter

You're welcome!

Please feel free to post suggestions for future versions in the Feature Requests forum thread.
This keeps all the ideas together and ensures that they will be seen by the developers.
I really don't know what ideas the developers will pick up and implement but it's certainly the best place for all ideas.
Thank you.