1 (edited by TonyHall 2012-05-13 14:33:27)

Topic: Lightroom plugin

Steven wrote:

The Juicebox Lightroom Plugin is now available from this page.

Excellent stuff! Very much appreciated.

I just had a quick play after upgrading the 'juicebox.lrwebengine' to Pro. My initial comments are:

Exported gallery:
- The thumbnails show the whole image squashed into the square thumbnail.
- Displayed captions do not retain the line breaks from the IPTC caption.

Lightroom plugin:
- When changing the 'caption' data source, the Lightroom's preview gallery does not reflect the change. However, the exported gallery does show the different data.
- The squashed thumbnails are also displayed.

Lightroom generated files:
- The Lightroom generated gallery places the display images into a 'photos' folder, whereas the Juicebox-Pro app places them into an 'images' folder.
I was hoping I could use a workaround where I use LR to generate the caption data, which could then be copy & pasted into the 'config.xml' file generated by Juicebox-Pro. I assume this would not currently work without manually changing every linkURL="photos/filename.jpg" to linkURL="images/filename.jpg".
- Why is my Lightroom catalogue identity plate exported into a 'resources/images/' folder? Not a problem, just curious.

I know this sounds overly critical and negative, it's not meant to be. I'm extremely happy you've made a Lightroom plugin available - thank you!

All the very best.

Cheers,
Tony

Re: Lightroom plugin

simonjacobs wrote:

I want this to be good. I think you have the upper hand. Please capitalise on it.

Thanks for listening. :)

+1!

Except…I want Juicebox to be great, not just good.
:-)

Cheers,
Tony

3 (edited by TonyHall 2012-05-13 15:17:22)

Hiya,

Good news - just opened the Lightroom generated gallery in the Juicebox-Pro app and was able to correct the squashed thumbnails and retain the IPTC captions, while adding 'Pro' options. That's a bit better!

Now I need to work out a simple workflow using Photo Mechanic, Lightroom, Juicebox-Pro (and hopefully avoid editing files in a text editor).

I appreciate I may have taken this thread off-topic (my apologies to the original poster), please feel free to move my diatribe elsewhere - hopefully not the trash.
:-)

Cheers,
Tony

The squashed thumbnails should have been fixed in Juicebox v1.0.2 and I am not seeing squashed thumbnails when generating a gallery using the current Lightroom plugin.

Thank you for reporting the bugs you have found in the Lightroom plugin. I will log appropriate bug reports.

@Steven

Good news! I wasn't aware there had been any updates - oops!

I assumed there would be an announcement somewhere, or an email. I'll go and have a hunt around to see where I can download a new Pro version.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Cheers,
Tony

I see that you have now found out how to download the new version of Juicebox-Pro but for others who may not know, please see the Upgrading Juicebox section of the 'Juicebox Support Home' page for details.

[Topic split to new thread.]

Just trying the LR plugin.

I have copied the jbCore folder from my Pro version into the engine.

JB Logo no longer shows but, 'Upgrade to JuiceBox Pro 1.02' is still in the site info. Would that be correct?

Steven wrote:

I see that you have now found out how to download the new version of Juicebox-Pro but for others who may not know, please see the Upgrading Juicebox section of the 'Juicebox Support Home' page for details.

@Steven

On the page you linked to above. it says:

"If you cannot locate your original download link, please fill out this form to request a new link."

That link leads to a '404 Not Found' page.

Cheers,
Tony

@simonjacobs

Yes. This is normal. The plugin does not detect for the presence of a Pro version and change the message accordingly.

@TonyHall

Thank you for pointing that out. I'll try to ensure that this is fixed as soon as possible.
In the meantime, if you need a new download link, please contact support@juicebox.net with your Transaction ID, Date of Purchase, Email Address used for purchase and your current email address to which you'd like the new download link sent.

Thank you Steven.

Are the border controls omitted from the LR plugin?

SJ

Only the Juicebox-Lite options are included in the Lightroom plugin's interface.
In order to incorporate Pro Options, you can either open and edit your gallery using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro or edit your gallery's 'config.xml' file directly (to add the Pro Options as attributes to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag).