Topic: File names do not match when browsing with arrow key on keyboard

Hello everyone

Please do not speak English, please allow me to ask questions in english translated.

I am browsing the gallery created with Juicebox on the desktop Safari.

Problems occur when using keyboard arrow keys to switch photos.

The display of the file name of the photo may not match the display of the file name of the photo.

If the file name shifts, click the thumbnail or switch the photo once to return to the correct display.

For now, this problem only occurs in Safari running on MacOS.

There is no problem with Chrome and Firefox. File names are displayed correctly on these two browsers.

Please tell me if there is a way to avoid this problem.

My client, the order to specify a file name to an order, to say the file name is displaced is can become a big problem.

For reference, I uploaded captured movies. Actual deviation can be confirmed.

https://youtu.be/4tbIozU85_w

Please give me your idea.

Re: File names do not match when browsing with arrow key on keyboard

I forgot to write down the environment.

Juicebox pro v 1.5.1
It is a gallery created using Lightroom Plugin.

The latest version of MacOS HighSierra

However, the problem that this filename does not match occurred from the time of using Juicebox v1.4.

We also made it possible to download the data of the gallery used when creating the video.

Link removed by forum admin.

Thank you for reporting this problem and for providing the video and sample gallery.

For now, this problem only occurs in Safari running on MacOS.

There is no problem with Chrome and Firefox.

It certainly seems to affect only Safari on MacOS as I cannot replicate the problem (using the gallery you provided) in Chrome 61, Edge, Firefox 56.0, IE11 or Opera 48.0 on a Windows 10 PC.

Please let me know exactly what version number of Safari you use (I expect it is likely to be 11.0 but I would like to be sure) and, if you have any browser extensions installed, then please try temporarily disabling them to see if this makes a difference.

I have notified the developers who will certainly investigate further.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to a Mac and cannot replicate the problem myself so I am unable to try out different workarounds but maybe the following suggestions will help.
(1) Try changing the imageTransitionTime from the current value you use (0.55) to something else (maybe try the default value of 0.3 or something larger like 0.1).
(2) Try changing imageTransitionType from SLIDE to a different value (FADE, CROSS_FADE or NONE).
(3) Try changing the captionPosition from BELOW_IMAGE to something different, such as OVERLAY, OVERLAY_IMAGE, BOTTOM or BELOW_THUMBS (at least for testing purposes), to see if this makes a difference.

If you find any combination of configuration options that helps to workaround the problem, please let me know so that I can pass the information on to the developers. Thank you.

In order to help troubleshoot this issue, could you please post the link to your test gallery on your own web server (just in case the problem is somehow server-related)? Many thanks!

Steven
Thank you for your reply.
Following the advice received, I made a gallery with various patterns and tested it.

In conclusion, I changed the type of transition from Slide to Fade and got a normal display.

Changing other parameters did not solve the problem in particular. For example Transition Time or Caption Position.

If you create it with Transition Type set to Fade and browse the image with the arrow keys on the keyboard in MacOS Safari, file name mismatch will occur for a moment.
However, when the Transition Type is Fade, the portion of the file name which was displayed out of the way has been refreshed and switched to the display of the correct file name.

The operation of saying "This file is refreshed and displayed correctly" did not occur when Transition Type was Slide. It only happened at the time of Fade in Mac OS Safari.

I hope this information is useful information for developers.

Also, the address of the server used when capturing the video is as follows.

https://sarw.mixh.jp/imageFileNameMatchTest/

In the meantime, we will create a gallery with Fade for Transition Type.

Thanks for the advice.

The version number of Safari used for the test is described below.

Version 11.0 (13604.1.38.1.6)

Thank you very much for all the testing that you have done (with regard to changing configuration options) and additional information that you have provided (your Safari version number and the link to your own gallery).
I will pass all this on to the developers and I'm sure it will help greatly in their investigations.
Also, I'm very happy to hear that setting imageTransitionType to FADE seems to be a suitable workaround.
Thank you, once again, for reporting the problem and for helping us troubleshoot it.