Topic: Wordpress basic issue/error

Hi,

I am managing a site for my brother and we are using Wordpress, he has bought the Pro package of Juicebox and used it on an HTML site.

I have installed the Plugin to Wordpress and Activated it but I have the same error every time when I try to Add Juicebox gallery to a post.

It just says:

WP-juicebox is unable is unable to instert a Juicebox Gallery shortcode tag.

I was wondering if I would be able to get some assistance on this?

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Wordpress basic issue/error

If you are not already using the latest version of WP-Juicebox (v1.5.0.1), then please try upgrading.
You can download the latest version from the plugin's support page here.
After upgrading, please clear your browser's cache (to ensure that no older cached files are being used) and try again.

If you are already using the latest version, then this error message is most often associated with the use of a third-party editor (rather than the default CKEditor which comes bundled with WordPress). If you are using a third-party editor, try temporarily disabling it to see if this helps.

The next most likely cause might be whitespace being introduced by a core WordPress file.
If you have manually edited any core WordPress files (such as 'wp-config.php'), make sure that you have not introduced any whitespace (e.g. line feeds or carriage returns at the end of the file outside the PHP section) that would be output when the file is parsed.

I hope these suggestions help.
However, if you continue to experience difficulties, please let me know and I'll try to help further.
Thank you.

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I've updated to the latest JuiceBox, latest wordpress 4.7.5, cleared my cache, disabled all plugins except JB and also checked the config.php file for any spaces but still seem to be experiencing the same issue.

Do you have any other suggestions? I am running Rosa theme if that also helps.

I am running Rosa theme if that also helps.

Try temporarily reverting to a default WordPress theme (such as Twenty Seventeen) just in case this makes a difference.

I am happy to help further but I would really need access to both your web server and WordPress site (to upload some test files are try things out) in order to determine the cause of your problem.
If you are agreeable to this, then please let me know and I will send you an email address where you can forward me your FTP and WordPress login details.
Thanks you.

I've just tried 2017 and it still gives the same error. I'm at a little of a end here of what to try: I'd really appreciate if you could have a look for us. If you could PM an email address, I'll setup an Admin account on Wordpress and FTP account for you to login if that's ok?

Please check your email. I have sent you a message with an email address where you can forward me your login details.
Thank you.

If anyone else is reading this thread and experiencing a similar issue, please make sure that you are using the latest version of WP-Juicebox (v1.5.0.1) which can be downloaded from the plugin's support page here.

It looks like the problem was due to bug in WP-Juicebox v1.5.0 regarding the use of a custom permalink structure.
This problem was fixed in WP-Juicebox v1.5.0.1 (see the Version History page for a list of changes between versions) and upgrading WP-Juicebox to v1.5.0.1 should solve the problem.