Topic: Picasa no longer allows public albums to be created

Hello Steven,

since it is no longer possible to create new albums in Picasa and set them to public, I can no longer publish new photo albums to my wordpress installation.

Do you think Juicebox can create a solution for this?

Kind regards,
Edwin

Juicebox for Wordpress 1.5 installed on
www.edvervanzijnbed.nl

Re: Picasa no longer allows public albums to be created

Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to display new Picasa Web Albums/Google Photo Albums using the Picasa Web API (although the API can still be used to display Picasa Web Albums created prior to Google's acquisition of Picasa, which is why the option remains in the WP-Juicebox interface).

I am not aware of any workaround for this. (There would need to be an API which can fetch the images from the servers and the API just works for older albums.)

If you want to create new galleries in your WordPress site, I'd recommend using a different image source (the WordPress Media Library, Flickr or a NextGEN Gallery).

I realise that this does not directly solve your problem but using a different image source might be the way forward. Uploading your images to your own WordPress Media Library would mean that you have total control over your images and are no longer at the mercy of a third-party image host who can change their policies (and consequently access to your images) whenever they like.

Hi Steve,

I figured out this much. It was getting harder and harder to set albums to public. And after investigating last night I eventually found out that Google has blocked this functionality all together.

So I'll be moving my pictures to Flickr.

Another question, is it possible to host pictures on Flickr, and use Juicebox with Fotomoto on my site to sell those pictures?

I am trying to get it to work, but the shopping cart button does nothing when clicked on.

I am testing on http://www.edvervanzijnbed.nl/oezbekistan/

Sorry, I got it to work just now.

I'm glad you've got it working.
Thank you for letting me know.