Topic: Shopping cart suggestions?

Hello -

Now that I've had a chance to explore the basic juicebox features and have an understanding of how it works, I checked the demo to see how your  ecommerce works.  I was disappointed to see that fotomoto is the built-in solution, because I found juicebox in the first place when I was searching for an alternative to fotomoto.  While fotomoto is a fine bit of software, they do not allow websites with the .photography TLD to use their system.

I see that juicebox will accommodate other ecommerce engines.  Are there any that you recommend that don't require a lot of coding gymnastics to work with your system?

Thanks again,
bw

Re: Shopping cart suggestions?

Unfortunately, I have no personal experience with any other ecommerce solution so cannot recommend an alternative to Fotomoto. I would just need to research the subject online (as I'm sure you are currently doing).

I realise that this does not help you but I thought I should at least reply to your query rather than leave it unanswered.

Hopefully some other users reading this thread will be able to post some suggestions.

Just for the record, Juicebox-Pro's only other built-in shopping cart solution would be to use custom purchase URLs as documented in the Shopping Cart support section.
Even if you were to find an alternative to Fotomoto, it might be difficult to incorporate a different ecommerce solution into a Juicebox-Pro gallery. You would almost certainly need to use the Juicebox-Pro API to at least fetch information about the current image in order to forward it on to your ecommerce solution.

3 (edited by support+juicebox 2021-01-26 08:18:46)

Hi all,

I just found this older post, but thought I'd provide an update in regards to the issue that the poster billwill mentioned.

As of last year, Fotomoto now supports .photography and all of the "newer" TLDs. If you have any questions about Fotomoto, please feel free to contact our support team.

Kind regards,
The Fotomoto Team

@support+juicebox

Thanks for the update! It's most appreciated.

5 (edited by support+juicebox 2021-01-26 08:02:19)

You're very welcome! We'll try to keep an eye on forum posts regarding Fotomoto and chime in where we can, but if anyone has questions about Fotomoto feel free to get in touch with us or direct them to  Fotomoto Support for answers.