1 (edited by jonnglass 2016-09-14 21:21:38)

Topic: Juicebox Wordpress Plugin blocking DFP ads

After deactivating every plugin and debugging one at a time, I found that the Juicebox 1.4.2 WP Plugin wasn't playing nice with our Responsive DFP Ads.

Not sure if anyone has seem this but the ads will randomly load and then disappear. Almost flickering on and then off. And sometimes not showing at all but the space is there when if there is no ad to show, DFP gets rid of the empty div.

This has come after launching a new WP theme as the old theme worked just fine.

Curious if an upgrade will solve the issue or if it's a bigger issue no one is aware of.

Site: http://snowboardmag.com

Thanks!

Re: Juicebox Wordpress Plugin blocking DFP ads

Sorry for the late reply. It looks like your query somehow slipped through the net.

WP-Juicebox (the Juicebox plugin for WordPress) embeds galleries in WordPress web pages using the regular embedding method documented here.

All that is loaded into the web page is the 'juicebox.js' file (and the 'theme.css' file dynamically afterwards).
All the CSS in the 'theme.css' file should target the gallery only. As far as I am aware, there are no CSS rules that should affect any other elements on your web page.
There may somehow be a JavaScript conflict but all it seems strange that the problem has happened only with your new theme.

It would certainly be worth making sure that you are using the latest versions of WordPress (v4.6.1) and WP-Juicebox (v1.5.0) (and WP DFP if you are using it) to see if this helps. You can download the latest version of WP-Juicebox from the plugin's support page here. Be sure to upgrade the plugin using your Juicebox-Pro v1.5.0 files. (You can download Juicebox-Pro v1.5.0 using the link from your purchase email. Full instructions can be found here.)

Try viewing your web page in different browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari) to see if the problem is unique to a certain browser. Also, if you have any browser extensions installed, try temporarily disabling them to see if this makes a difference.

I'm not sure it will help but this is the only forum thread I can find in the WP DFP support section which seems similar (if not identical) to your problem. I just thought I would point it out in case it helps.
WP DFP Loads Twice (Ads Flicker) - https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp- … s-flicker/